The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of musicals, but when I like them, I really like them.

Singin in the Rain

Rock of Ages

The rest are pretty much doo doo

13 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Ok, I'll consider it next time.  I'll send you a pm and see if you're ok with what I'm thinking.

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Singin in the Rain

Rock of Ages

The rest are pretty much doo doo

I don't remember approving this?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Musicals are life they don't make enough of them.... 

They've largely forgotten how, like romantic comedies.  At least Hollywood has.  Thank you Bollywood.

You will pry my musicals out of my cold dead hands and then I'd just come back and haunt you in song and dance!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They've largely forgotten how, like romantic comedies.  At least Hollywood has.  Thank you Bollywood.

You will pry my musicals out of my cold dead hands and then I'd just come back and haunt you in song and dance!

Big part of why I'm looking forward to La La Land so much. 

• Like 1

the problem with a lot of modern musicals (or at least broadway adaptations) is that they haven't really figured out how to justify themselves as cinema rather than filmed stage productions. I suppose that happens when so many of them these days get handed off to community theater director rob marshall.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Panda said:

Number 55

Return of the Jedi (1983)

43 Points (15 Votes, Avg Score 37.8667)

Star+Wars+-+Return+Of+The+Jedi+(1983)+St

"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine."

Top 5 Placements: 1 Placement

Top 10 Placements: 3 Placements

Changes in Rankings Over Time: 2014 (27, -28), 2013 (43, -12), 2012 (32, -23)

Tomatometer: 80%

Box Office: 252.58m (694.84m Adjusted)

Most Notable Awards Recognition: Nominated for 4 Oscars

IMDb Synopsis: Darth Vader and the Empire are building a new, indestructible Death Star. Meanwhile, Han Solo has been imprisoned, and Luke Skywalker has sent R2-D2 and C-3PO to try and free him. Princess Leia - disguised as a bounty hunter - and Chewbacca go along as well. The final battle takes place on the moon of Endor, with its natural inhabitants, the Ewoks, lending a hand to the Rebels. Will Darth Vader and the Dark Side overcome the Rebels and take over the universe?

Critic Opinion: ""Jedi," however, is thoroughly touching in its humanism — to his great credit, Lucas invests with wisdom and power the most odd and helpless-looking creatures, making a profound visual statement — and in its wisdom and deep-rooted hope that The Force or the good will prevail.  "Jedi" also features the best acting by all principals in the "Star Wars" series. It is a film that demonstrates how a talented and thoughtful filmmaker still can be the champion of the box office by putting quality first and foremost in his work — both in storyline and in the latest special effects.  While we'll miss the original characters, thankfully George Lucas, a great cinematic force, will always be with us." - Rena Andrews

User Opinion: "The moment Luke enters Jabba's palace you like HE"S A JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shfsdhfksdhfsdfususg One of my favorite movie moments ever!

Its flawed no doubt but its a perfect ending to the Star Wars saga. When that john Williams score kicks in and we see Vader burning in the fire I always want to cry. I can go on and on but I don't want to sit here and type for 12 hours so Im done." - Jay Hollywood

Personal Comment: Return of the Jedi marks the first Star Wars film to make the list, because yes, obviously there are a couple more Star Wars movies to come.  The movie also puts the 80s back in the lead of the decade with the most films on the countdown. Often viewed as the lesser sibling of the original trilogy, Return of the Jedi closed out the original trilogy with a box office bang (and in the opinion of many including myself, a quality bang as well).  The movie features many of famous scenes from the franchise, as well as fully introducing the Emperor as the big villain in the climatic battle between Luke, The Emperor and Darth Vader that many view as the highlight of the movie.  Despite often being seen as lesser, Return of the Jedi boasts much to stand on its own as part of the Star Wars Legacy.

Too low. Much too low.

11 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Rylance deserved the Oscar, Blanks. BOOYA

12 hours ago, Blank Panther said:

ROCKY YEAHHHH FUCK YOU MARK SHITLANCE FUCK YOU GO ROCKY

fuck you Tele :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wrath said:

I may be alone in this, but I actually liked The Artist.

You're not alone.  I like it quite a bit - it's clever, at times touching and extremely charming.  

But then I enjoy silent movies - and one (the brilliant The General) is in my Top 100.

• Like 3