WrathOfHan

Insidious: The Last Key | Jan 5 2018 | Adam Robitel directing, Lin Shaye returning | Trailer is Out Now

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

This movie is going to flop letting Jumanji take first place this weekend.

Uh... I don't think this movie was ever going to block Jumanji. It's TLJ that's letting Jumanji take 1st place.

• Like 1

Same procedure for every horror movie: Everybody sees a lack of marketing and still, the movie does well enough.

The franchise has 5Mio Fans on FB, 40m Klicks for Trailers/Clips there. 

And as an addition, it's rated PG-13. 

Edited by Poseidon

10 hours ago, JB33 said:

Uh... I don't think this movie was ever going to block Jumanji. It's TLJ that's letting Jumanji take 1st place.

Ehhh, no. Jumanji taking 1st place (70-80% chance imo) would say way more about Jumanji than TLJ. TLJ could drop a perfectly normal 50% from NYD's Wekkend and still be topped by Jumanji, because that thing is just a monster right now.

15 hours ago, JB33 said:

I dont think people are rushing to make sure they get their tickets early for Insidious: The Last Key. As usual with these kinds of movies, walk-ups will drive it.

That being said, I'm going to see this on opening day after work because...why not? I've never been to the theatre to see the first movie that opens the year before. That and I actually wouldn't mind seeing it. I like the series, even if 3 wasn't great.

I’ve seen a few now since posting.

I don’t get why they don’t release a decent horror movie at the beginning of January (although I guess we don’t know if this is any good or not), they tend to open well then drop like a rock, maybe a decent horror film wouldn’t drop so hard.

21 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Perhaps this movie might perform like Jigsaw.

Many people were dismissing the movie, and then it went on to make more than 100 million worldwide even with huge competition. 

It could, the reason I think it may not is because part 3 had a big drop from part 2 and think the 4th may have a similar drop. The lack of any real competition could help out unless the movie is a serious stinker.

• Like 1

As always, people underestimated the potential of a Horror movie. If it opens at $20m, it may have a shot at surpassing the total of the third movie, and I don’t even remember the last time that a fourth sequel, surpassed the previous one.

It also shows the consistency of the Insidious franchise, apart of the second movie (that was an isolated phenomenon), each movie of the franchise finished a bit above $50m.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:06 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

When does the embargo break? Cause I'm really curious if this is yet another January horror masterpiece or if it manages to (sorta) break the trend.

I mean, we wouldn't wanna miss out on another legend like The Bye Bye Man or Texas Chainsaw 3D, would we? :qotd:

Metacritic has a 57 score up. I'm assuming the RT score will be unveiled on See It/Skip It

• Like 1

On 2.1.2018 at 4:06 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

When does the embargo break? Cause I'm really curious if this is yet another January horror masterpiece or if it manages to (sorta) break the trend.

I mean, we wouldn't wanna miss out on another legend like The Bye Bye Man or Texas Chainsaw 3D, would we? :qotd:

The Bye Bye Man was the funniest movie of 2017. I laughed my ass off so hard while i was forced to watch that piece of dogshit. It was hysterical.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

As always, people underestimated the potential of a Horror movie. 

Yes, we know. The same happened with Jigsaw, and the movie ended up having the second best legs of the entire Saw franchise, and that's with huge competition on November 2017.

So yeah, we're aware. Thanks. ;)

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

As always, people underestimated the potential of a Horror movie. If it opens at $20m, it may have a shot at surpassing the total of the third movie, and I don’t even remember the last time that a fourth sequel, surpassed the previous one.

It also shows the consistency of the Insidious franchise, apart of the second movie (that was an isolated phenomenon), each movie of the franchise finished a bit above $50m.

Jurassic World, Fury Road, Goblet Of Fire, Ghost Protocol, Fast & Furious, Thunderball, Star Trek IV, Nightmare On Elm Street 4, The Return Of Michael Myers, technically The Force Awakens. As you can see, there's a bunch of examples. Even in horror.