kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers: 3.9 M CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

10 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I had no expectations. I don't care if it does well or not.  Im not constant handringing. Others keep bringing it up, many times in a foolish manner with nothing to back their whimsical behaviour. I'm presenting facts

You're right though. Im not good at parties.

March 2000. At a party with a bunch of tech people. I was called an ass hole a few times. They kept asking me, the trader, where the market was going. They all had millions in vested options working for Oracle, Microsoft lucent Psinet Linux etc.  I kept telling them there were several reasons that the market was ready to crash and that I was sold short. They just whimsically raised their hand in the air and said nasdaq was going to 10000 with out a legit reason to back it. I told them to sell half just in case. No one likes Cassandra. The more I reasoned the more they got angry. Several of my friends were wiped out and hated me as if I caused the crash instead of just warned them.

One woman sold. PsInet went bankrupt a year later and she lost her job. She had nearly a million though that would have been wiped out. She thanked me. For that, it was worth it.

BTW. Like it or not. Trump is going to win. That is by the numbers. Seriously, been saying it long before he clinched. That pisses a lot of people. But it's the truth. I can't help it. I'm not hoping for it. It's just going to happen. Look at the data.

Cheers

llKLwBL.gif

• Like 7

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

I had no expectations. I don't care if it does well or not.  Im not constant handringing. Others keep bringing it up, many times in a foolish manner with nothing to back their whimsical behaviour. I'm presenting facts

March 2000. At a party with a bunch of tech people. I was called an ass hole a few times. They kept asking me, the trader, where the market was going. They all had millions in vested options working for Oracle, Microsoft lucent Psinet Linux etc.  I kept telling them there were several reasons that the market was ready to crash and that I was sold short. They just whimsically raised their hand in the air and said nasdaq was going to 10000 with out a legit reason to back it. I told them to sell half just in case. No one likes Cassandra. The more I reasoned the more they got angry. Several of my friends were wiped out and hated me as if I caused the crash instead of just warned them.

One woman sold. PsInet went bankrupt a year later and she lost her job. She had nearly a million though that would have been wiped out. She thanked me. For that, it was worth it.

BTW. Like it or not. Trump is going to win. That is by the numbers. Seriously, been saying it long before he clinched. That pisses a lot of people. But it's the truth. I can't help it. I'm not hoping for it. It's just going to happen. Look at the data.

Cheers

I have been focused on class for a while but this pot its worth a reponse. Okay nostradamus you predicted a rising industry wouldn't rise forever congratulations. You should you get paid for this,  What data on Trump man, the most hated candidate in modern history, historically low amongst minorities and women those numbers or the fact that half of his party refuses to support him. On piracy suddenly Civil War the 8th movie in a series is killed by piracy not any other major blockbuster just civil war. Not TFA the most anticapated movie of all time just civil war okay

3 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Millions have downloaded it. 1/3 of the country make small wages and live paycheck to paycheck. Teens with a little spending money for a a movie per month have a free option aren't going to take it?  Of the millions that downloaded it, you're saying there isn't a considerable percentage that would have gone to see it? Many people don't know how to torrent often get files from people that do. Like a virus spreads so does the file. 

It opened big with good reviews and WOM.   A good indication of WoM is the spillover demand shown in mondays holdLooking at the last 5 may releases. AoU -74, ASM2 -78, IM3 -74 TA1 -67. CA3 -69% Monday hold was saying something. It was above the bar. Not as much as TA1, but should have held better than 55% on its second weekend. Many here thought so.

So how does this go from an above average Monday hold, expectations of a - 55% 2nd weekend and  an OW multi of 2.6 or higher beating AoUs total to an average run that's shaping up to be subpar. The only thing that has changed since the Monday hold was the leak. Fatigue would have shown in the Monday number. Fatigue shows in an average movie like AOU or crap like ASM2. It doesn't happen when it's good. The holds are always better.

"Extradinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds." It's a good read. Opens ones eyes to the facts and and in turn the avoidance of popular misconceptions

Why don't you take your own advice?

I was trolling a couple days ago calling you out for being a fanboy, but, by golly, you've really gone in hook, line and sinker. 

It's pretty damn sad that you're clinging onto this.

2 hours ago, BK007 said:

Why don't you take your own advice?

I was trolling a couple days ago calling you out for being a fanboy, but, by golly, you've really gone in hook, line and sinker. 

It's pretty damn sad that you're clinging onto this.

If he's a fanboy of anything, it's of himself.

3 minutes ago, Sal said:

...why is this thread suddenly about politics? Did I miss something?

No Prisoners fancies himself a prophet due to his supposed analytical genius. This somehow led to him predicting that Trump will win the presidency.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Cheers

Wow. 

Cmiiw doesnt firedeep stop posting in china bo thread after a spat with you? 

12 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Millions have downloaded it. 1/3 of the country make small wages and live paycheck to paycheck. Teens with a little spending money for a a movie per month have a free option aren't going to take it?  Of the millions that downloaded it, you're saying there isn't a considerable percentage that would have gone to see it? Many people don't know how to torrent often get files from people that do. Like a virus spreads so does the file. 

It opened big with good reviews and WOM.   A good indication of WoM is the spillover demand shown in mondays holdLooking at the last 5 may releases. AoU -74, ASM2 -78, IM3 -74 TA1 -67. CA3 -69% Monday hold was saying something. It was above the bar. Not as much as TA1, but should have held better than 55% on its second weekend. Many here thought so.

So how does this go from an above average Monday hold, expectations of a - 55% 2nd weekend and  an OW multi of 2.6 or higher beating AoUs total to an average run that's shaping up to be subpar. The only thing that has changed since the Monday hold was the leak. Fatigue would have shown in the Monday number. Fatigue shows in an average movie like AOU or crap like ASM2. It doesn't happen when it's good. The holds are always better.

"Extradinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds." It's a good read. Opens ones eyes to the facts and and in turn the avoidance of popular misconceptions

i think piracy caused a small ripple in Civil War's box office, but nothing greater than 10%, if even 5%.  The damage is seen when you look at the daily performance under a microscope.  This should still hold up respectably going forward.  Oh, and I think Trump will loose by more than 5 million votes.

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

i think piracy caused a small ripple in Civil War's box office, but nothing greater than 10%, if even 5%.  The damage is seen when you look at the daily performance under a microscope.  This should still hold up respectably going forward.  Oh, and I think Trump will loose by more than 5 million votes.

5 to 10% is what I'm talking about. Looking at it closely is also what I'm talking about.

#1 and #2 all time in the derby agree, and then there is everyone else. 

20060614_full_en.gif

It's electoral not popular votes that count @Matrix4You

I'll donate $200 to the site if trump loses and not return to the US for 4 years if Hillbilly wins.

Edited by No Prisoners

7 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

No Prisoners fancies himself a prophet due to his supposed analytical genius. This somehow led to him predicting that Trump will win the presidency.

:rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

:rofl:

Not prophet.

A prophet has a vision

I just see it in the numbers. 

Involved in the stock market for decades helps.

Making several mil lends confidence. 

Maybe someday you'll get there. Get rid of the baaa though.

14 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

-55% was never on. CA2 fell -56.6% after 10m in previews. How would CA3 fall 55% after 25m previews? If you believed 55% or 2.6x was on after those previews and that ow you are delusional. Now the delusion has been broken and it is behaving normally.

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

Not prophet.

A prophet has a vision

I just see it in the numbers. 

Involved in the stock market for decades helps.

Making several mil lends confidence. 

Maybe someday you'll get there. Get rid of the baaa though.

Not being a smartass, but how's your track record the last few elections? I follow this site because it, too, "follows the money," and it really likes Clinton's chances: 

https://electionbettingodds.com/week.html

Trump's chances have been rising a bit of late, though.