WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

23 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

AvP, AvP2 and Predators made me appreciate Predator 2 alot more.

Predator 2 at least expands the Predator mythos in a compelling yet organic way.

Plus it's just a fun action movie. Can't say the same about the later films.

I didn't care much for P2, though it's better than the AVPs, that's for sure.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Shane Black directing a Predator reboot would be epic.

52 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

He is, it's coming out March 2018.

Arnold is currently in talks to join the cast.

I hope he does it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

that's because they assumed better reviews automatically would expand the audience. 

I was one of them, didn't think it would expand the audience crazily but have better legs than we are seeing. Shows there is a clear ceiling & that any massive Infinity Wars predicts should be taken with a considerable amount of skepticism.

• Like 2

Angry Birds opening at 40-45m is pretty strong. Thinking it wont have good legs but with Memorial next weekend, over Kung Fu Panda 3 DOM looks likely. Now its looking at 400m WW, maybe more. Nice hit. I really thought it would perform worse.

Underwhelming opening for Nice Guys. Hope that good WOM shows up and 50m DOM happens.

Neighbors 2 did exactly what AUS opening suggested. It'll be profitable, but a third one entry is now dead. Same fate of Ted 2.

First OK hold for Civil War if the 10m Friday isnt bullshit. 430m DOM. Near Avengers 2. Whoever thinks this is a bad or disappointing result needs a reality check. Legs has been mediocre that's for sure. Total WW is meeting average expectations. Plus Spider-man, Black Panther and the Ant-Man sequel will be beneficiated from Civil War. Disney wins once again.

23 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I was one of them, didn't think it would expand the audience crazily but have better legs than we are seeing. Shows there is a clear ceiling & that any massive Infinity Wars predicts should be taken with a considerable amount of skepticism.

Don't worry, Boxoffice.com will predict a 220M long range forecast and up it to 250-700 the week of opening and everyone will go crazy again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Don't worry, Boxoffice.com will predict a 220M long range forecast and up it to 250-700 the week of opening and everyone will go crazy again.

I think it's very possible part 1 and/or 2 does similar numbers to AOU or Civil War or even close to IM3.

Edited by GiantCALBears

+170% for 10m seems too big a Friday bump for CA after such a strong Thursday (-4.4%). Feel it will come in around 9.5m. IM3 jumped 189% but only after falling 15% on Thu when ST:ID opened. AOU jumped 146% after a 2% Thu drop.

Also last Friday bumps were 140%, 146.5% and 159% for CA3, AOU and IM3.

Edited by a2knet

56 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Remove Deadpool, BvS & a fabulous looking leak available 7 days after the US release and Civil War had gaz to go over 500m dom.

Like I said market saturation is a real thing.

Apocalypse s fate is gonna be ugly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Remove Deadpool, BvS & a fabulous looking leak available 7 days after the US release and Civil War had gaz to go over 500m dom.

Like I said market saturation is a real thing.

Apocalypse s fate is gonna be ugly.

Futurist you know I am a big saturation guy, it's coming whether CBM fans want to admit it or not. Your movie better be highly well recieved or prepare for disappointment.

I wouldn't say the legs of Civil War are bad either.

It s just the size of the tank at this moment in time for a big Marvel film.

Think about the Twilight argument and you ll understand what I mean, Baumer already explained this in a recent post.

Twilight films never had bad legs.

Yep, you heard me.

KFP3 did 3.45x (41.3 ow/142.5 dom).

AB will be fun to track. It's looking at a slightly higher ow, no sequelitis but KFP3 had good reception (at least on BOT). Don't know about AB.