WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

1 minute ago, Treetrunk Special said:

No, I totally understand that a parent wants their child to have something to eat or whatevs. but I do NOT understand how that equates to buying four massive size popcorns. Going by UK prices (I assume America is actually cheaper), $40 of cinema food is about 7000 calories. Call me arrogant but I'm sorry, NO one needs to eat that much in the space of 90 minutes.

Why do you keep approaching this from a "need" perspective? No one needs to do anything. But people will do what they want for an afternoon or evening out. They might also buy food they don't finish eating. But more to the point, most of the time this isn't a calculated judgement call. For almost all movies, the hassle and expense of the whole experience isn't worth it, for them. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Am i the only one who is not shocked that Civil War is going to squeak by 400?Never understood the massive predictions for it. Its going to make 100+more than WS. Thats a huge success 

You have won a bet for this, right? I can't remember it, though.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

So, 15% drop comparatively to DOFP? Could have been worse I guess.

Expecting a similar drop DOM next weekend. 

Just now, Treetrunk Special said:

Yeah, we did £3 tickets for kids films on Saturday and Sunday mornings. People would get mad that it had increased from £2. "It used to be £2, now you want me to pay £3 for a fucking kids movie? You're fucking stealing my money"

You're telling me, the Tuesday deal (ticket + popcorn + drink) used to be $12.50, but when it increased to $12.99, you'd think that it really was the apocalypse.

What I always hate is when some obese dude enters the theater with a tray full of food, takes forever to take a seat, and then proceeds to much on his food and sip on his drink SO LOUD THE WHOLE THEATER CAN HEAR IT. Like pack on the pounds some more, why don't cha.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Expecting a similar drop DOM next weekend. 

Might be different though with Alice and X-Men launching at the same time.

Pray 4 X-Men's legs.

2 minutes ago, Kalo said:

is that good or bad? 

I'm not sure about the number of territories where the movie has opened in. I think it's safe to say it's a little bit lower than DOFP. Over 100 M is still great though.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

You're telling me, the Tuesday deal (ticket + popcorn + drink) used to be $12.50, but when it increased to $12.99, you'd think that it really was the :apocalypse:

Fixed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

there are usually small childrens portions at much lower prices - not that you would ever notice the small portion, by the sounds of it.

And I'm sorry but I do not believe any cinema near you charges $8 for a regular bottle of water. if it's so expensive and you have to eat and drink then bring food from home or buy it in a supermarket. you ain't gona get stopped and searched lmao, you are not that important

https://www.amctheatres.com/food-and-drink/showtime-snacks

No Outside Food or Drink

Please do not bring food or drinks into our theatre.

And I can't find the exact cost of water online at amc but next time I'm in.. I'll quote  this post  and take a picture of the price.  

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Might be different though with Alice and X-Men launching at the same time.

Pray 4 X-Men's legs.

No legs, as always. Expecting a 2.2 multiplier from OW at best.

Just now, department store basement said:

Is the "disappointment" label only attached to a highly successful film when it's a superhero movie?

It seems yes.

Every superhero movie that doesn't do Avengers numbers is a huge misfire.

• Like 1