WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

9 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Huh. There are good reasons to listen to music in the car, but I don't think "focus" is one of them. Your attention's supposed to be on the road.

I listen to music pretty much whenever I can. It's almost a drug for me.

Well I actually haven't driven myself a lot I mean more riding in the car.

Does anyone think that the performances of Ted 2, Ride Along 2, and Neighbors 2 will dissuade studios from producing unnecessary comedy sequels?

Probably not, but I hope so, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed two out of those three. 

Just now, tonytr87 said:

Does anyone think that the performances of Ted 2, Ride Along 2, and Neighbors 2 will dissuade studios from producing unnecessary comedy sequels?

Probably not, but I hope so, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed two out of those three. 

:WHATanabe:

Just now, tonytr87 said:

No. Ted 2 and Ride Along 2 were still financial successes, and I imagine Neighbors 2 will be as well.

5 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Not as long as studios continue to make unnecessary sequels.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not as long as studios continue to make unnecessary sequels.

*Looks at the Summer schedule*

Studios will never stop. :lol: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm just skeptical that you recognized the bad guy from the first scene. What tipped you off? It's an older movie, so you can blurt out spoilers, I think.

There wasn't anything really tipping people off, it was meant to be a surprise. I just approach it with this question. If I was writing this, who would I make the surprise villain? It works most of the time. I'll have to watch it again to see if anything tipped me off.

Spoiler

Maybe just the interact from her and the mayor. They wanted you to think it was the mayor, but I was never buying that since it was too easy and didn't make any sense.

Shutter Island was the funniest one to happen with me. I just jokingly said,

Spoiler

"watch, he's actually insane and being sent to this asylum"

. This was in the first five minutes of the movie while they were still on the boat. It was a joke, I wasn't serious, but I was right.

Just posted in the OS thread, that not from the toxic Marvel vs DC angle, but just comparing 2 big SH vs SH tentpoles that released close to each other, CW WW will be ~300m ahead of BVS (~875 vs ~1170). For those who are disappointed at CW...

• Like 1

I'm very short tempered when it comes to watching movies in the theaters depite being very chill everywhere else. I remember waiting for Amazing Spider-Man post credits scene, there was this group of 3 people seated right in front of me, 2 dudes and 1 apparently old woman. Guess when they decide to leave?!  that's right, they get up as the credits scene starts, then they realise the movie isn't over yet and stand up right in front of me, blocking my vision entirely. I shout at them to move away, but I'm not paying attention to them, I'm (trying) to pay attention to the screen. After it's over, the group had left, my friend tells me that the guy almost punched me, he didn't because the old woman stopped him. The guy was big, I was so going to get beat up. lol

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

MFW I have 20 pages to catch up on

wtf.gif

Solid start for X-Men, but how did it do in the land of Hugh Jackman?

On the concessions talk, a medium popcorn and medium soda will run you $9-10 by me, pretty much the price of a ticket. The real ripoff is a box of candy for $4. You can go into Walgreens or CVS and get 3 for $2.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Don't know about TJB but ZOOTP 1b+ looking solid. So Disney will end up with 4 1b films  (ZOOTP, CW, DORY, ROGUE ONE)...at least. Maybe being over-confident about DORY...let's say 3 1b films at least.

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Just posted in the OS thread, that not from the toxic Marvel vs DC angle, but just comparing 2 big SH vs SH tentpoles that released close to each other, CW WW will be ~300m ahead of BVS (~875 vs ~1170). For those who are disappointed at CW...

And around 250M below AoU for those who are rightfully disappointed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I'm very short tempered when it comes to watching movies in the theaters depite being very chill everywhere else. I remember waiting for Amazing Spider-Man post credits scene, there was this group of 3 people seated right in front of me, 2 dudes and 1 apparently old woman. Guess when they decide to leave?!  that's right, they get up as the credits scene starts, then they realise the movie isn't over yet and stand up right in front of me, blocking my vision entirely. I shout at them to move away, but I'm not paying attention to them, I'm (trying) to pay attention to the screen. After it's over, the group had left, my friend tells me that the guy almost punched me, he didn't because the old woman stopped him. The guy was big, I was so going to get beat up. lol

I'd move to another empty seat with a clear view before then to prevent such an incident 

• Like 2