WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Last year I went to the movies 7 times; so far this year I've been to the movies 6 times and will surpass last year's count within a few weeks.

Apocalypse for you or nah?

9 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I still haven't watched Zootopia and I am really looking forward to it actually after all the hype over here. Should I skip this thread? :ph34r:

Anyways, very good start for Apocalypse all things considered. Here's hope it does amazing business in China. That's always a possibility.

Yeah, I guess. Or at skip at least pages 60-64.

Are you waiting for the DVD or something?

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Apocalypse for you or nah?

Yeah. I liked BVS despite the bad reviews so might as well give it a chance even though the trailers are mediocre

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah. I liked BVS despite the bad reviews so might as well give it a chance even though the trailers are mediocre

Good, good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

Plus the movie isn't very OS friendly. It lacks the action spectacle of other Marvel movies (besides the legendary airport scene it has almost no action). 

*large scale action. My dad actually thought there was too much action in it and I can't really argue against that (although I disagree obviously haha)

1 minute ago, Blank Panther said:

*large scale action. My dad actually thought there was too much action in it and I can't really argue against that (although I disagree obviously haha)

Large scale action or action spectacle is the same shit. It has some action here and there, but are mostly chase scenes with heroes punching each other at the end. 

• Like 1

thinking of watching civil war again on an online stream tonight just to spite the marvel fans complaining about how piracy has hurt their precious little movie.

• Like 1

Just now, Treetrunk Special said:

thinking of watching civil war again on an online stream tonight just to spite the marvel fans complaining about how piracy has hurt their precious little movie.

As a non-Marvel fan, don't be an prick. 

• Like 3

Action scenes in CW (Spoilers, though let's be real, pretty much everyone who wanted to see the movie has seen it already):

Lagos

Freeway chase

Bucky's escape

The airport

Final battle

There's really only five action scenes in the movie.

4 hours ago, moviesRus said:

I love Cap but admittedly that type of character is a harder sell to the GA, hence why WB is failing so spectacularly with Superman. They like Iron Man, Batman, Deadpool type characters more. The fact that he's as popular as he is now is a big step up from how he was viewed circa First Avenger/The Avengers when he was literally no one's favorite. 

I disagree.  I like Cap, but my favorite CB character is Superman.  I've seen neither Man of Steel nor BvS, because Superman is supposed to be a hero, not a murderer.  A 'dark' Superman is not Superman.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, I guess. Or at skip at least pages 60-64.

Are you waiting for the DVD or something?

Well, yeah, basically. By the time I realized this was actually quite good there were no more subbed showings in my town. I usually don't mind dubbed animation but I'd rather watch the first time in English at least.

4 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

What is the average number of movies an American watches every year? I usually watch 25-30.

I can give you a 2015 breakdown for my entire family because they're all average filmgoers except me

Dad (66-years-old): 

Selma

Tomorrowland/Avengers: Age of Ultron (counts as one trip because he went to the drive-in)

Inside Out

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

The Man From UNCLE

The Martian

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2

The Peanuts Movie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Creed

Mom (56-years-old):

Big Eyes

Selma

Cinderella

Tomorrowland/Avengers: Age of Ultron

San Andreas

Inside Out (twice)

The Martian

The Good Dinosaur

Older brother (22-years-old):

Inside Out

Fantastic Four

The Good Dinosaur

Joy

Younger brother (18-years-old):

The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death

Selma

Insidious: Chapter 3

Inside Out

The Gallows

Ant-Man

The only one of these they went to without me somewhat dragging them to it were the horror movies that my little brother went to, Fantastic Four for my older brother, and The Martian for my parents.

For what it's worth also, so far this year, the only movies my parents have seen are Jungle Book and Civil War.

• Like 1