PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

1 minute ago, Jason said:

In France, locally produced films had a 35% market share in 2015. For the UK, you may see a figure cited of 45% for locally produced films in 2015, but that includes 34% that were co-productions with US studios. Only 10.5% of UK market share went to UK-only films.

I was clearly right :insane:

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 6:33 AM, Finnick said:

FIRST WEEK OF BATB: 490,6M WW / 262M OS + 228.6M DOM!! WOW

For the record there is no week figure for international  only by individual country, by the time you get to wed/Thu (especially  Thursday)  lot of those grosses form part of the next weekend  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Olive said:

1B WW locked, 1B OS not a Chance, it's not as monstrous as NA/Europe in Asia.

TFA reaching 1b overseas with such shit China and SK numbers is impressive. It did well in Japan, though, but JW did well in all 3 while Furious 7's China number made up for crappy Japan and SK numbers. 

1 hour ago, baumer said:

@Rth and the Beast...do you think this film can do something truly special and reach a billion internationally?

I do not think it has a chance. But it seems to be doing something truly special here, in Spain. According @Rth and the Beast, it is heading for a sub -20% drop second weekend after an already very big opening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noctis said:

No chance whatsoever. 

I thought because it was going to be big in UK/Australia and much of Europe it might have a chance.

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

TFA reaching 1b overseas with such shit China and SK numbers is impressive. It did well in Japan, though, but JW did well in all 3 while Furious 7's China number made up for crappy Japan and SK numbers. 

BaTB is doing well/decent in China,good in Japan and it seems it will be monstrous in JPN. 800+M  OS is a good ,no?

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

BaTB is doing well/decent in China,good in Japan and it seems it will be monstrous in JPN. 800+M  OS is a good ,no?

Of course it's "good" :)

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

I thought because it was going to be big in UK/Australia and much of Europe it might have a chance.

Even TFA might have just barely made $1 billion OS with current exchange rates, and BATB is underperforming almost all of TFA's markets. Even in China, where TFA did not break-out, BATB is looking to finish around $40 million under it. Its only hope is if it has a Frozen type run in Japan. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Even TFA might have just barely made $1 billion OS with current exchange rates, and BATB is underperforming almost all of TFA's markets. Even in China, where TFA did not break-out, BATB is looking to finish around $40 million under it. Its only hope is if it has a Frozen type run in Japan. 

Comparing BATB to TFA seems unfair, nobody expected BATB to approach TFA's numbers. Let's compare it with movies in the same categories : Jungle Book, Maleficent, Cinderlla, Alice..

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It does, doesn't it? What market underperformed (Dom is obviously lower than we hoped)?

I don't  think it underperformed anywhere.It's doing great and all the sensible orediction were right on the money (120M).I think we were just projecting,deginetly me,our huge expectations. BTW it does seem that it will make 1B by April 10.