CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

If this actually gets good critical reception it’s gonna be massive. Halle has a ton of positive buzz among younger crowds (ignoring bigots obviously). I would love an Aladdin repeat where the movie does some things really differently but well, and

shocks me that these live action remakes can actually be worthwhile. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jonwo said:

The demise of Disney on here is about to be proven wrong yet again. I don't think it'll match BATB or Lion King but on par with Aladdin wouldn't surprise me. It's much more female skewing so it'll fare well throughout the summer.

The big problem is going into the future. The well is getting dry. They really only have Little Mermaid and Snow White left to remake. There's only so many classic films they can remake. I do think they can remake Pinocchio again in a couple years considering that the one last year already disappeared into the ether. I am hoping with the success of Mario we get a Kingdom Hearts animated full length movie. 

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

The big problem is going into the future. The well is getting dry. They really only have Little Mermaid and Snow White left to remake. There's only so many classic films they can remake. I do think they can remake Pinocchio again in a couple years considering that the one last year already disappeared into the ether. I am hoping with the success of Mario we get a Kingdom Hearts animated full length movie. 

There's still Hercules and The Hunchback, none of them will be a $1 billion grosser but should be okey between Cinderella and Maleficent. That's enough to wait untill something like 2027 and start with Princess and the Frog. That one, Tangled and Big Hero 6 have a $1B potential with Frozen and Zootopia being locks. I'd say Moana too but they didn't even wait 10 years...we'll see. 

Edited by Mickiland16
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

There's still Hercules and The Hunchback, none of them will be a $1 billion grosser but should be okey between Cinderella and Maleficent. That's enough to wait untill something like 2027 and start with Princess and the Frog. That one, Tangled and Big Hero 6 have a $1B potential with Frozen and Zootopia being locks. I'd say Moana too but they didn't even waited 10 years...we'll see. 

And let’s not forget Lilo and Stich and Moana have already been announced.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joselowe said:

And let’s not forget Lilo and Stich and Moana have already been announced.

Lilo and Stitch is going to Disney Plus which I don't understand (I believe it could have done Jungle Book numbers and maybe $1B) and I think Moana will do well but they kinda wasted its potential by doing it so fast. I believe it could have been the BATB of the 2010s movies. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Honestly, the complaints about how dark is it really about Part of Your World which wasn't exactly bright in the original, likewise Kiss the Girl.

The original evokes an appropriate level of darkness in a cave under the sea and nighttime, respectively, in those scenes, but they are still well lit and you can fully see the environment and objects within. The remake is crushed under a sea of darkness, you can barely see anything.

20 minutes ago, UnapologeticKenny said:

In about 9 hours we're getting the first reactions to the movie. Just saw a tweet of Grace Randolph saying she has watched it already.

Best movie eva! Best movie since the last best movie!

Like any early reaction ever. :lol:

• Haha 2