CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Reactions don't matter, Disney will make a shitload of money from this.

I honestly worry about the “go work go broke” crowd. Not sure if they have a real affect or not. According to them they aren’t taking their families.

4 minutes ago, joselowe said:

I honestly worry about the “go work go broke” crowd. Not sure if they have a real affect or not. According to them they aren’t taking their families.

I find hard to believe 35 year old incels straight dudes would pay to watch TLM in the first place 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, joselowe said:

This same crowd said they wasn’t taking thier son to see WF and instead was going to Black Adam. See how well that worked out. They just need to admit they lost this round. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I find hard to believe 35 year old incels straight dudes would pay to watch TLM in the first place 

And on top of that I find it hard to imagine any of them who do have kids having the fiber to follow through other than bitching on social media.

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Aladdin "unique" as the only film to have repeat views, crazy!

It's unique as its early trailers actually did what all the incels and white supremacists couldn't for TLM... hurt a movie's OW.

This one frame has much more POWAH than years of racist whining combined

Does Will Smith Sing as Genie in Aladdin? A Friend Like Me, Explained -  Thrillist

Edited by Spidey Freak

13 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

They're too cheap to actually pay to see any movie in the first place. You can't captivate an audience that has made it their mission to never be won over.

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

I too remember how the "Go Woke, Go Broke" crowd was gonna completely tank Super Mario Brothers.

People couldn’t seem to make up their minds on whether or not that was “woke.” In any case, after the movie was a hit, they tried to claim it was “anti-woke.” 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

People couldn’t seem to make up their minds on whether or not that was “woke.” In any case, after the movie was a hit, they tried to claim it was “anti-woke.” 

if it flops its "woke" if it succeeds its "anti-woke"

cant lose

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's unique as its early trailers actually did what all the incels and white supremacists couldn't for TLM... hurt a movie's OW.

This one frame has much more POWAH than years of racist whining combined

Does Will Smith Sing as Genie in Aladdin? A Friend Like Me, Explained -  Thrillist

That's something that I think people mostly forget on the Little Mermaid over/under $100M OW discussion. On reddit specially there is the argument that Aladdin was way more popular which I may understand but Aladdin was also supposed to be closer to BATB in popularity than Jungle Book or Maleficent as for Memorial Day releases but it didn't translate into the actual opening weekend gross...using Cinderella adjusted numbers as a comparison I wouldn't be shocked if Snow White also comes close next year (to Aladdin OW). 

10 hours ago, Maggie said:

Mena is a poster on BOT? hahah

hes right; Aladdin only got to a billion because of some absurd grosses in asian countries, where mermaid will likely perform worse than the average disney remake because of how black-led movies typically perform around those parts 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Or if it succeeds, just claim the studio bought tickets and faked the numbers 

They’re currently doing that on YouTube and Twitter with reviews. Anyone who saw the advanced screening and have it good reviews the “go woke go broke crowd” are claiming that they were paid to write good reviews