CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

If rumors are true (Halle/Jonah, Halle and flop rapper bf breakup) LM is going to get even more boost. Everyone loves when co-stars are dating. :bravo:

I saw people shipping Halle and Jonah but is there really a rumor of they dating? I thought it was just a wish from stan twitter. 

1 hour ago, Mickiland16 said:

I saw people shipping Halle and Jonah but is there really a rumor of they dating? I thought it was just a wish from stan twitter. 

It isn't stan twitter, it's her bf making a dig at Jonah on his burner insta. Implication was that Jonah wasn't a man enough for Halle. Then quickly came the rumor of a breakup. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

It isn't stan twitter, it's her bf making a dig at Jonah on his burner insta. Implicationw as that Jonah wasn't a man enough for Halle. Then quickly came the rumor of breakup. 

Oh I didn't know about that ☠️ but yeah PR is going to be wilde if it turns out to be true. I just hope this kind of things doesn't overshame Halle's talent which is what most critics are praising. 

Just now, Mickiland16 said:

Oh I didn't know about that ☠️ but yeah PR is going to be wilde if it turns out to be true. I just hope this kind of things doesn't overshame Halle's talent which is what most critics are praising. 

They won't. The movie belongs to her. You can see from previews. 

• Like 1

The reviews on Letterboxd are not great, but i don't think they matter for the kids who'll watch. The movie should be at least tolerable for the adults accompanying the kids.

Edited by Maggie

22 minutes ago, Maggie said:

The reviews on Letterboxd are not great, but i don't think they matter for the kids who'll watch. The movie should be at least tolerable for the adults accompanying the kids.

Are they from people who actually saw the movie though? Anyone can write hate for a film that they haven’t seen they did the same thing before Black Panther was even released until the critic and cinema score countered that.

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

This is the biggest threat to Mario's  2023 Domestic and worldwide crown...:popcorn:

Nah not even close. Don't see this doing much better than Aladdin at best.

Dom it's beating Aladdin. OS not sure .see it doing 85-110m japan but it's not touching SK 90m for Aladdin. China has never been hot on Live action remakes .

Don't know how Latin and Europe markets will fare .

550-650m range OS.

The only thing I see having a chance against super Marios is Indy5 with insane level WOM  legging to 550-600m+ Dom and TGM numbers  OS.

They're opening a new/old Regal in my city and I really hope it's ready by the time this comes out. They've been repairing it since 2018, now we have the sign, the building, almost there!

26 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Dom it's beating Aladdin. OS not sure .see it doing 85-110m japan but it's not touching SK 90m for Aladdin. China has never been hot on Live action remakes .

550-650m range OS.

The only thing I see having a chance against super Marios is Indy5 with insane level WOM  legging to 550-600m+ Dom and TGM numbers  OS.

Both Aladdin and BatB did 12.1-12.4b yen range in Japan. Even if TLM somehow matches these that is only 88-90M at current exchange rates. In fairness to TLM theaters are upping theater prices by 100 yen soon so maybe that helps a tad but Disney's standing in the market is trash compared to 2019. If it hits even 8b (~60M) I'd take it as a win. If it matches BatB and gets 90M off japan that is pretty much absolute best case scenario I would say.

Edited by JustLurking

49 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

550-650m range OS.

Indy5 has no one to market to. The movie has absolutely zero appeal to anyone younger than 30, little appeal if any to people in their 30's.. Indiana Jones is a long forgotten franchise without the modern luxuries of video games, toys, tv shows, etc. It will be lucky to hit much over $300 million and may not even get that much. TLM will be head to head with GOTG3 for the summer title.

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

This is not a letterboxd friendly movie. That site is literally a platform to show off your ~superior taste. Half of it is people pretending they loved movies they secretly hated or didn't watch. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

Indy5 has no one to market to. The movie has absolutely zero appeal to anyone younger than 30, little appeal if any to people in their 30's.. Indiana Jones is a long forgotten franchise without the modern luxuries of video games, toys, tv shows, etc. It will be lucky to hit much over $300 million and may not even get that much. TLM will be head to head with GOTG3 for the summer title.

GOd, why the hate for Indian Jones?