CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

21 hours ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

It would be interesting to have an updated breakdown from Deadline, since the 560 break-even point was based on a larger Dom to Int ratio... I guess with dom possibly failing to reach 300 M, the break-even should be closer to 575 M WW (taking into account all the big revenues that deadline expects it to generate from PVOD, disney+ home video etc)

Not really? I did some back of the envelope extrapolations and getting to 560M WW with a higher INT gross requires a pretty low average rental rate, 

27 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Hocus Pocus 2 was only released like 10 months ago. The only Disney family release that has come out on D+ since then is Strange World.  

I don’t know how broad they mean by “Disney film”, but even if it means “Disney family release” Peter Pan and Wendy came out in April on Disney+.

For TLM context, sharing an old ESG post's graphs

IMAGE-6-Viewership-Per-Day.png?resize=77 

(Domestically - uses viewership per day to account for uneven  release date patterns)
and "viewership per fake view"

IMAGE-7-VPDAH.png?resize=766%2C536&ssl=1

Though in terms of "fake views" that means BP2 is at 3.2M fake views per day versus Thor 4's 3.15M fake views per day. 

Hocus pocus 2 isn't in the graph but it's at roughly 15.1 in graph 1 and 8.8 in graph 2. 

GOTG3 is at ~5.53 & 2.1 and Ant-Man 3 is at 2.55/1.2 (so defeating them isn't nearly as significant). OTOH 5 days versus 3 presumably deflates daily average. Peter Pan and Wendy would be at~1.59/1.75

Looking at this domestic graph, I suspect TLM is below Encanto and possibly Raya in fake views (otherwise they'd find a wonky definition to say it was the true record holder). On the other hand global growth probably means Raya isn't competitive. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

For everything I’d heard about this movie, from the idiot trolls to the proclamations that it would “rule the summer” (for lack of a better example), this movie just kind of came and went, huh? Racked up a decent amount of money, a splashy (haha) debut on D+ and then poof.

I guess that’s the standard for most of these live-action remakes though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

For everything I’d heard about this movie, from the idiot trolls to the proclamations that it would “rule the summer” (for lack of a better example), this movie just kind of came and went, huh? Racked up a decent amount of money, a splashy (haha) debut on D+ and then poof.

I guess that’s the standard for most of these live-action remakes though. 

I mean, yeah. These live action remakes are forgettable by their very nature. That’s why Alice 2 bombed, despite being a sequel to a billion dollar movie. No reason to ever think was gonna be different. 

• Like 1