CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I also think it's gonna have better legs than BVS. I can't believe that BVS has such pathetic multiplier. It didn't even manage to double its opening weekend numbers.

Almost all X-films have barely managed to double their openings. 

Why all this confidence in a 90M 4day?

After 8.1M previews DOFP had 110.5M 4day

To match 90M Apocalypse should have a considerably weaker OD, like 29M (29 / 23 / 21 / 17). DOFP had 35.5M OD

This is gonna have a 2.1× multiplier, right in the middle of the trololololol BvS legs and the hilarious 2.2× multiplier of the supposedly super well received Civil War. Theses big CBM movies are getting incredibly frontloaded.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Why did I raise the bar on my club to 150M :sadben: Oh well, at least I likely have another rousing success :) 

On May 3, 2016 at 7:41 PM, grim22 said:

Stick to your guns. Whatever your previous club mark was, this can hit it. To get to 150M, it needs a 65M 4 day OW. Selling the exact same number of tickets as Alice 1 on OW will give it 76M, the first movie had an almost 80% 3D share where as this one will barely hit 40% like most movies do nowadays.

I am not expecting it to sell those many tickets as it has both competition, and the fact that no one cares about this movie to deal with. This could be another Huntsman in the making.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

This is gonna have a 2.1× multiplier, right in the middle of the trololololol BvS legs and the hilarious 2.2× multiplier of the supposedly super well received Civil War. Theses big CBM movies are getting incredibly frontloaded.

CJohn is obviously horny for floppage guys. It's confirmed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is gonna have a 2.1× multiplier, right in the middle of the trololololol BvS legs and the hilarious 2.2× multiplier of the supposedly super pirated Civil War. Theses big CBM movies are getting incredibly frontloaded/downloaded.

FTFY

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BFG under 80M is next, do not doubt my club powers

Would anyone be surprised though? BFG, Alice and Petes Dragon are the movies even Disney seems to have forgotten about this year. They aren't putting any major marketing pushes behind those 3 movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Would anyone be surprised though? BFG, Alice and Petes Dragon are the movies even Disney seems to have forgotten about this year. They aren't putting any major marketing pushes behind those 3 movies.

Plenty would, there's an over 200M club :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

BFG is gonna flop spectacularly. Dory is gonna beat it on that weekend lol.

I can see Pete"s Dragon having a solid run until Storks in late September even if it has a 20-25M OW.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lmao 1.5M for Alice 2? Now only the family audience can save it lol.

The 1.5 for this is actually much worse than Tomorrowland's 0.75M in very limited previews. Won't be shocked by an OW below that movie.

• Like 1

EPIC and TOMORROWLAND were also MD openers.

EPIC did 42.8m 4-day / 107.5m dom.

TOMORROWLAND did 42.7m 4-day / 93.4m dom.

ALICE 2 DOM UNDER ALICE 1 OW looking plausible

:depp::depp::depp::depp::depp::depp::depp::depp::depp::depp::depp:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

For the 3-day or the 4-day.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

BFG is gonna flop spectacularly. Dory is gonna beat it on that weekend lol.

I can see Pete"s Dragon having a solid run until Storks in late September even if it has a 20-25M OW.

Every Fourth of July release will be below Dory and ID :lol: The Purge is the only one with a chance at winning.

• Like 3