CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

To clarify something to Tele's rude "watch something on Netflix"

the only reason I'm seeing Civil War again is that my aunt and brother are coming into town and they both want to see it

im not going just because I want to see again; I'm going because I want to spend time with my. Family 

sorry if Netflix isn't enough for them

• Like 2

i legit put black mass on my bottom 5 last year. just terrible. nothing more than a template of a cops and gangsters picture. fails to be engaging in any way. even in his most bullshit kooky performances depp is trying to add some kind of personality. in black mass he lets his weird contact lenses do most of the work.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ssjrem said:

Does anyone know what the record is for the biggest drop off from one film to the next in a franchise? Alice Through the Looking Glass has to have a shot at that, right? Going from $334M to most likely under $100M is hilariously awful. I can't think of anything that has even come close to that. 

Exorcist 2 I believe 

5 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

A bit off topic, but I'm honestly predicting 200M for The Girl on the Train.  That was a fantastic trailer.

:depp:you're a strange kid

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

:depp:

It can very well be this year's Gone Girl with strong advertising and great reviews.  Also, Blunt could potentially bring some star power.  It's also the same weekend that The Martian and Gone Girl opened.  It's only competition is The Accountant, but that probably won't make as much money.

With Alice 2's box office following in the footsteps of other "Really? That's a thing?" followups like Ride Along 2 and The Huntsman: Winter's War, it makes me wonder what sequels next year will suffer the same fate of a dramatic drop from its predecessor? I don't know about you, but Cars 3 and Pirates 5 aren't looking so hot right about now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatOneGuy said:

It can very well be this year's Gone Girl with strong advertising and great reviews.  Also, Blunt could potentially bring some star power.  It's also the same weekend that The Martian and Gone Girl opened.  It's only competition is The Accountant, but that probably won't make as much money.

It'll do good. It won't do 200M

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:depp:you're a strange kid

Yes, I am :).  Usually I keep my expectations in check with most people's, but whenever I smell a breakout, I'll say it'll be a breakout.  I predicted Deadpool could get to 230 M overall while many were expecting below 170M.  Of course, I still under predicted, but it was a definitely a breakout I caught

Just now, MrPink said:

They managed to get the movie restarted and I got to see it all :)

B...-?

Solid. I accept this grade with great happiness. 

• Like 3