CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It will. It's already at 877M WW, and it hasn't even opened in Japan and South Korea yet. The only problems it might face are Dory and Warcraft, but even still, it'll slowly make it.

I have some doubts. It's very contingent on those two leftover markets, which might not pan out.

1 minute ago, AStarWarsFan said:

If you ask me Disney should pull out Alice from the 380 IMAX theatres and put movies like Cap 3, JB or even Zootopia, there instead.

You know movies that actually gets the studio profit.

Problem is that Alice 2 is making more money right now.

Welcome to the forum, btdubs.

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, AStarWarsFan said:

If you ask me Disney should pull out Alice from the 380 IMAX theatres and put movies like Cap 3, JB or even Zootopia, there instead.

Alice is making more money. Either TMNT2 gets a last minute IMAX release or Apocalypse gets released in the format in America just like it did OS. But Jungle Book or Civil War returning to those screens? Not happening.

3 minutes ago, AStarWarsFan said:

Welcome to the forums

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thing is CW will likely finsh around 1.16 billion WW

Which would have been a great result if it was not for its massive huge openings. 

With how it opened it should have beat IM3 WW easily 

Keep in mind the different exchange rates at the time. I just don't think it's constructive to compare the WW grosses of the two movies.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AStarWarsFan said:

I would have loved to have seen JB in IMAX. 

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

@Baumer I am marking you because I wanna read your take on these posts. 

It's amazing how someone with three posts knows my history dating back 8 years ago. 

To be honest CJohn I don't really care anymore what people think. It's not my responsibility to convince people people of anythimg ezpecially when it comes to some ludicrous notion that im a DC Fanboy or a Marvel fanboy or whatever fanboy. I can't help what people think about me.so I think I will just let this go. We will let the new guy who knows everything about me and no prisoners go on thinking whatever they want to think.....and yes I'm a proud transformers and twilight loonie. Hilarious how this irks so many. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

You should go easy on the slurs.

Slur?. Do you know what a walla is? Have you lived in India for a year like I have? It's a common term used by all indians for a  layman that serves tea, or food, or many other things. Is it a slur to call someone a waiter? A common man as opposed to a guru, that is enlightened and all knowing. His calls are far from a "guru's".

or is it the hopium?  Which is an expression that has nothing to do with smoking or opium.

Yall got to lay off the PC. It's getting ridiculous and uncalled for.

• Like 1

Just now, Treetrunk Special said:

it was crap in IMAX.

Thats a shame. I only got to watch the movie on one of those pirated HD Chinese copies, and I missed it on IMAX because I was busy. The movie was great though (apart from the god awful and forced singing). Guess I'll just wait for the BluRay to watch it again.

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It's amazing how someone with three posts knows my history dating back 8 years ago. 

To be honest CJohn I don't really care anymore what people think. It's not my responsibility to convince people people of anythimg ezpecially when it comes to some ludicrous notion that im a DC Fanboy or a Marvel fanboy or whatever fanboy. I can't help what people think about me.so I think I will just let this go. We will let the new guy who knows everything about me and no prisoners go on thinking whatever they want to think.....and yes I'm a proud transformers and twilight loonie. Hilarious how this irks so many. 

Mods should have an ignore function as well :P :ph34r:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Slur?. Do you know what a walla is? Have you lived in India for a year like I have? It's a common term used by all indians for a  layman that serves tea, or food, or many other things. Is it a slur to call someone a waiter? A common man as opposed to a guru, that is enlightened and all knowing. His calls are far from a "guru's".

or is it the hopium?  Which is an expression that has nothing to do with smoking or opium.

Yall got to lay off the PC. It's getting ridiculous and uncalled for.

lol, i am born and brought up in india.

when he goes wrong you go box office walla is at it again.

you have done it a couple of times both when he was wrong.

edit:and if you don't mean it negatively, then you are generally so cocky that it has that vibe.

i don't want to be a word police but ur posts felt -ve. whatever...

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, a2knet said:
ALICE IN WONDERLAND (2010)
Buena Vista

$40,804,962

-- / $10,946
$40,804,962 / 1
$44,209,073

+8.3% / $11,859
$85,014,035 / 2
$31,086,988

-29.7% / $8,339
$116,101,023 / 3

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS
Buena Vista

$9,723,000

-- / $2,584
$9,723,000 / 1
$9,137,000

-6% / $2,428
$18,860,000 / 2
$9,252,000

+1.3% / $2,459
$28,112,000 / 3

Disney expecting a Sunday increase for Alice 2?

:kitschjob: 

All the Sunday drop estimates are looking very suspect tbh.

• Like 2