CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

On 5/28/2016 at 9:52 AM, The Panda said:

I originally left Alice off of my top 15 for the summer game but then everyone acted like it was crazy for it to drop so much so I put it at 14.

I need to stop listening to the forum when I predict.

LOL, I was thinking 120M which is still way too high but thankfully low enough to miss my top 15 *dance*

21 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Who knows. Scott Derrickson doesn't exactly have the best track record.

In terms of quality he does . The exorcism of Emily rose is the best horror movie of the last 20 years and deliver us from evil is a way above average action/horror movie . Fantastic choice for dr. Strange .

The Exorcism of Emily Rose sports an amazing 45% on RT and Deliver Us From Evil has a 27% on RT lol.

Whatever, Doctor Strange will still be great, I am 100% sure, I thought the trailer was awesome. But Scott Derrickson is very hit or miss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Because MCU has had way more movies than HP? 

Right, not just any franchise can churn out 13 movies and make 10 billion.

If it were so easy Marvel Studios wouldn't be the only one to do so.

It's a major accomplishment that speaks to appeal of the characters and mythos.

• Like 2

Just now, AJG said:

Even then I wonder what could Fox do with the Xmen.

In the comics the Xmen could always do more than just Mutant rights. The Fox movies have been too narrow with the stories presented in the films.

Xmen comics always had them fight Mutant rights too, but the comic franchise has always managed to keep running by having the Xmen interact with elements Fox don't own, or with elements that would be completely jarring if introduced in the universe of the current movies (could you imagine seeing aliens like Gladiator turn up in the Singer-Verse).

Yeah they've essentially made the same movie 6 times. That's a big problem with a lot of franchises though, studios are afraid to try different things so they run their franchises into the ground. We're up to Pirates 5 and Transformers 5 next year and they'll almost certainly follow the same basic outline as their predecessors

I wonder how the 1 Star Wars movie a year thing is gonna work out if they just do spinoffs that are prequels to stuff we've already seen

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Even then I wonder what could Fox do with the Xmen.

In the comics the Xmen could always do more than just Mutant rights. The Fox movies have been too narrow with the stories presented in the films.

Xmen comics always had them fight Mutant rights too, but the comic franchise has always managed to keep running by having the Xmen interact with elements Fox don't own, or with elements that would be completely jarring if introduced in the universe of the current movies (could you imagine seeing aliens like Gladiator turn up in the Singer-Verse).

After Deadpool embarrassed X-men Apocalypse, Fox is going to unleash the absurdity.

Expect aliens, magic, the savage lands, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Exorcism of Emily Rose sports an amazing 45% on RT and Deliver Us From Evil has a 27% on RT lol.

Whatever, Doctor Strange will still be great, I am 100% sure, I thought the trailer was awesome. But Scott Derrickson is very hit or miss.

The Day the Earth Stood Still is pretty cool

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wow, genuinely shocked, at least for TEOER . It is a fantastic proper horror movie , a truly scary movie . Oh Well paranormal activity is at 83% so that speaks volumes, IMO .

5 hours ago, AStarWarsFan said:

Ah, just great!

Another forum where neckbeards thinks that a movie not performing for their expectations or a movie having some significant drops is sign of "superhero fatigue" and people getting bored of these films. While overlooking and ignoring that there maybe other factors that is causing this.

Smh.

You're on the wrong forum. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

The Day the Earth Stood Still is pretty cool

Garbage. Probably his worst movie :lol: 

There is one reason why Scott Scott Derrickson was hired to do Doctor Strange: Sinister. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

In terms of quality he does . The exorcism of Emily rose is the best horror movie of the last 20 years and deliver us from evil is a way above average action/horror movie . Fantastic choice for dr. Strange .

Does Derrickson even have a fresh movie on his resume?

Other than Sinister ( 61% on RT ), everything else was hated by critics.

It's nice that Olivia Munn was in one of his movies ( Deliver Us From Evil )

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yeah they've essentially made the same movie 6 times. That's a big problem with a lot of franchises though, studios are afraid to try different things so they run their franchises into the ground. We're up to Pirates 5 and Transformers 5 next year and they'll almost certainly follow the same basic outline as their predecessors

I wonder how the 1 Star Wars movie a year thing is gonna work out if they just do spinoffs that are prequels to stuff we've already seen

They'll certainly poison the brand.

The films will look too similar. If I didn't know any better they could have told me that Rogue One is a new Episode movie and I would have accepted it. Star Wars spinoff s should aim to look completely different from one another, right down the sound of the music.

look at this fan cartoon right here. It's not perfect or anything, but I can honestly say at least it's different

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

No its its because he is a cheap director Feige can control 

Yes, that as well. But Sinister is also a good reason. 

That is why I have full trust in Doctor Strange being good. These directors are pretty much puppets. 

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

After Deadpool embarrassed X-men Apocalypse, Fox is going to unleash the absurdity.

Fun Fact: Sony had the Savage Lands in the Sinister 6 script. Once they found out that Marvel owns it they started panicking.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Exactly. The best thing that could have happened to Fox is an R-rated Deadpool that became as successful as it did. Because now they should be like "Fuck it, nothing is too absurd to put in the film." But again this is Fox so when I see them do something different with the actual X-men I'll believe it. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1