La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Warcraft could be at 0% and Id go see it.  It was either going to be a pleasant surprise or a guilty pleasure.  Just seeing the world live action brings back memories of the games for me, whether it's quality or not.

I feel that happened to the TMNT movie in 2014: nostalgic fans showed up to see the movie, even if they felt the movie was not of great quality then.  But from that <$15M estimate, Warcraft could potentially open below Gods of Egypt in North America.  That would be a big surprise.  And TMNT: Out of the Shadows could possibly hold better next weekend than the Warcraft opening.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Think both Dory and Intelligence will disappoint.

Resurgence to be as it says.

hopefully free state of jones can do better than the nice guys and money monster. Can't believe how poor their legs have been.

I don't think there is any way that Central Intelligence disappoints. I doubt it's budget was more than 40m, and it's probably making that back on the first weekend. Pets and Moana are going to be big hits as well. So it looks like Kevin Hart/Dwayne Johnson are both going to have another good year.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Half the comments next week will most likely be "But in China..."

Let's get the ball rolling then:

How much do you think it needs to do OS considering, say, 50m DOM, for them to green-light the sequel?

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well that's what happens when people get offended showing a Super Villain choking a female Superhero on the poster.. They stop seeing the movie cause of it.. Just kidding though, but still.. This stupid complaint of a female being mistreated by a Powerful villain is asinine to say the least...

I seriously doubt Apocalypse dropped as much as it did, due to that poster. Apocalypse is just dropping like any X-Men film would, especially one with mixed WOM.

31 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Let's get the ball rolling then:

How much do you think it needs to do OS considering, say, 50m DOM, for them to green-light the sequel?

400M WW and the sequel gets made IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UrosepsisFace said:

I'm saying the MCU versions are successful and the studio is doing a good job with them, but they are definitely not the comic versions. Marvel Studios success is in how they differentiate from the source material, not accurately adapting it. A common sentiment is that the studio adheres to the comics for their success. That's absolutely false. Fox and WB has done better accuracy to poorer BO results. An example of this would be a near carbon copy adaptation of Watchmen vs a Civil War story that is barely reflective of its source. 

This is could be a generational disconnect. WB and Fox are mostly pulling from the 80s as the best work for their characters are 80s inspired. Modern fans don't seem to understand this at all. MCU is nothing like the classic form but seems to reflect modernized comic versions that have taken on the cinematic personalities.

Was Ozymandias, The Comedian and Silk Spectre more comic accurate in Snyder's Watchmen than Black Panther, Spider-man and Captain America in Civil War?

Not really.

Despite a lack a story changes, does Snyder's Watchmen get the tone and spirit of the comics better than Civil War? 

Not really.

Snyder's Watchmen resembles the comics in a very superficial way as if Snyder didn't really understand Moore's work and just used the graphic novel as a storyboard without considering the right tone, subtext and motivations.

Ultimately Marvel Studios makes changes where things need to be updated but for the most part they are true to the spirit of the comics.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Snyder's Watchmen resembles the comics in a very superficial way as if Snyder didn't really understand Moore's work and just used the graphic novel as a storyboard without considering the right tone, subtext and motivations.

QFT.

• Like 2

I was pretty pissed off at the language in TMNT 2. I took my 9 year old nephew and didn't expect to hear "bitch" and "shit" so many times. Plus a pretty gross dick joke. Fuck Michael Bay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I was pretty pissed off at the language in TMNT 2. I took my 9 year old nephew and didn't expect to hear "bitch" and "shit" so many times. Plus a pretty gross dick joke. Fuck Michael Bay.

It's rated PG-13 for a reason.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

I thought you said you were still a high schooler yesterday :P

• Like 1

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I thought you said you were still a high schooler yesterday :P

High school kids can still have nephews and nieces you know. If you have a sibling who is much older than you who has kids :) 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Yeah, it's totally not like 9 year olds don't know those words and hear them at school.  When I was 9, everyone at my school knew what each of those words are.

And they said "shit" like once.  I also didn't notice any dick joke, so I don't know what you're smoking there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Yeah, it's totally not like 9 year olds don't know those words and hear them at school.  When I was 9, everyone at my school knew what each of those words are.

And they said "shit" like once.  I also didn't notice any dick joke, so I don't know what you're smoking there.

Bebop pulls open the front of his pants, looks down, then tells Rocksteady to do the same, they look at each other and say "my MAN!" and high five each other.

This movie deserves to flop. Thank goodness we won't have to suffer through another one.

Edited by Chaz