La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

1 minute ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Yeah, it's totally not like 9 year olds don't know those words and hear them at school.  When I was 9, everyone at my school knew what each of those words are.

And they said "shit" like once.  I also didn't notice any dick joke, so I don't know what you're smoking there.

There is moderate action violence with martial arts kicks and blows, as well brief focus on the twirling of a large blade and a hockey stick blow to a character's crotch area. The emphasis is on action and fantasy and there is a lack of bloody detail.

There is use of mild bad language (eg 'son of a bitch', 'ass', 'shit').

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

Bebop pulls open the front of his pants, looks down, then tells Rocksteady to do the same, they look at each other and say "my MAN!" and high five each other.

This movie deserves to flop. Thank goodness we won't have to suffer through another one.

That's an actual scene? :lol: 

• Like 8

Just now, Chaz said:

Bebop pulls open the front of his pants, looks down, then tells Rocksteady to do the same, they look at each other and say "my MAN!" and high five each other.

That'd go over the heads of kids anyway, so that's really not a big deal.

Oh, and remember that scene where those police cars were blown up?  I don't know why you're so mad about a couple utterances of swear words when innocent cops died.  I'm not saying either are that bad, but it's really stupid to criticize a movie for swear words, then to not criticize any violence in the movie.

• Like 2

That'd go over the heads of kids anyway, so that's really not a big deal.

Oh, and remember that scene where those police cars were blown up?  I don't know why you're so mad about a couple utterances of swear words when innocent cops died.  I'm not saying either are that bad, but it's really stupid to criticize a movie for swear words, then to not criticize any violence in the movie.

I am not here for your butt hurt reactions to my criticism. Lemme sip my tea and walk away.

7 minutes ago, Chaz said:

This movie deserves to flop. Thank goodness we won't have to suffer through another one.

Fucking hell lmao

• Like 1

Just now, Chaz said:

Yeah, no one under 13 is going to want to see a Ninja Turtle movie. I'm nuts.

"Parents Strongly Cautioned – some material may be inappropriate for children under 13."

Yep, some material in there may be inappropriate for kids under 13.  If you're concerned this much about content, go to Common Sense Media or Kids-in-Mind.  Hell, even IMDb Parents Guide would work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

then again, I'm sure I could ask a slew of girls who would go, I'm just too shy to ask :/

Take it from an elder: Shy ain't gonna get ya laid. BE BOLD (but not an asshole). 

• Like 3

• Community Manager
13 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I was pretty pissed off at the language in TMNT 2. I took my 9 year old nephew and didn't expect to hear "bitch" and "shit" so many times. Plus a pretty gross dick joke. Fuck Michael Bay.

Next time I recommend checking out http://www.kids-in-mind.com/ 

It'll spoil a lot of the movie but you'll know what to expect. 

Just now, Chaz said:

Girl, take your TMNT stanning somewhere else. I don't care.

lmao how am I "TMNT stanning."

I think you're being overreactive over some of the language in the film.  That's all there is to it.

Me?  I didn't like the film.  I was entertained by it, but I still didn't like it.  I'm not a TMNT fanboy, I just get annoyed at shit like this.

• Like 1

lmao how am I "TMNT stanning."

I think you're being overreactive over some of the language in the film.  That's all there is to it.

Me?  I didn't like the film.  I was entertained by it, but I still didn't like it.  I'm not a TMNT fanboy, I just get annoyed at shit like this.

Because you are coming for me over how I felt about this shitty movie. Why do you care? Are you changing my opinion? Nope.

I'm not gonna lie, I would be the uncoolest dad in the world: No PG movies until you're 8, no PG-13 movies until you're 13, no R movies until you're 17, no NC-17 movies (as if they play those) until you're 18. No exceptions. You're emotionally mature enough? That's great. But you're still not seeing the movie. Same goes for TV ratings: I have the almighty V-Chip at my command.

Oh, and updated weekend projections for returning films, based on Friday estimates. I'm not doing the day-by-day this time, so I'll throw in my previous guesses for the new movies as well...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - $29.7M

X-Men: Apocalypse - $23.7M (-70.3%)

Me Before You - $17.6M

The Angry Birds Movie$10.9M (-55.8%)

Alice Through the Looking Glass - $10.5M (-68.6%)

Captain America: Civil War - $6.8M (-66%)

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising - $4.49M (-59.8%)

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping - $4.41M

The Nice Guys - $2.88M (-65.1%)

Love & Friendship - $2.22M

Money Monster - $2.01M (-64.3%)

Edited by johnboy3434

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Take it from an elder: Shy ain't gonna get ya laid. BE BOLD (but not an asshole). 

Open with a line about how mad you are regarding GIRL GHOSTBUSTERS

Works every time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Next weekend is going to be legendary.

Yes, what makes it more exciting is that China will open 2 days before domestic, so we'll likely have super "encouraging" WarCraft numbers and "Discouraging" WarCraft numbers around the same time.

• Like 1