WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

This summer sucks ass.

CW-below expectations. 

Apocalyspse- 140 mil tops.

Tmnt 2- Opened to half of the first one.

Nysm 2- epic floppage

Conjurung 2- Probably around 100 mil tops. Which is fine. Shoe string budget.

Aiw2-Total bomb

Angry Birds 2- Meh

Money monster- flop

Nice guys- Decent but nothing special 

Think you need to swap Money Monster and Nice Guys's descriptions around.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Think you need to swap Money Monster and Nice Guys's descriptions around.

X-Men will be at 136M after a 10M weekend :jeb!: 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

This summer sucks ass.

CW-below expectations. 

Apocalyspse- 140 mil tops.

Tmnt 2- Opened to half of the first one.

Nysm 2- epic floppage

Conjurung 2- Probably around 100 mil tops. Which is fine. Shoe string budget.

Aiw2-Total bomb

Angry Birds 2- Meh

Money monster- flop

Nice guys- Decent but nothing special 

Come on... Civil War Open with 180 mil(GREAT!!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Like less sense than the first one? :lol:

Hoping to check it out this week

The ending

retcons the first movie completely

Character motivations make literally no sense and the extent of everything being manipulated is ridiculous.

The magic set pieces, especially the heist, are very well done and the heist scene has some cool camerawork involving cards. But the whole scene is essentially

rendered completely useless to the narrative by the end

Woody Harrelson has fun in

a double role playing his own twin

The cast is good, but seriously the narrative makes little sense when you think about it even a bit.

Just now, grim22 said:

The ending

Reveal hidden contents

Character motivations make literally no sense and the extent of everything being manipulated is ridiculous.

The magic set pieces, especially the heist, are very well done and the heist scene has some cool camerawork involving cards. But the whole scene is essentially

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

The cast is good, but seriously the narrative makes little sense when you think about it even a bit.

Omg I can't wait to see how much nonsense the ending brings to the table. 

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The ending

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Now I'm hyped for some nonsensical shit

• Like 1

THR

New Line's horror sequel The Conjuring 2 is scaring off the competition at the Friday box office, where it's pacing ahead of Legendary and Universal's big-budget video game adaptation Warcraft, according to early returns.

Weekend estimates for Conjuring 2 vary from $33 million to as high as $37 million from 3,343 theaters, while the range for Warcraft is anywhere from $25 million-$31 million from 3,400 locations, a mediocre showing considering its net budget of $160 million.

Friday's estimated haul of $13.5 million-$16 million includes $3.4 million in Thursday-night grosses, surpassing the $3.3 million earned by The Conjuring in July 2013. The 2013 title was a formidable force, debuting to $41.8 million domestically on its way to a worldwide total of $318 million.

Warcraft is tipped to take in $11 million-$13 million on Friday, including $3.1 million in Thursday-night previews. Directed by Duncan Jones and starring Travis Fimmel and Paula Patton, Warcraft follows orc warriors looking for a new home for the peaceful inhabitants of Azeroth, who are threatened by the invaders.

The big question is whether director Jon M. Chu's Now You See Me 2 can work magic and beat Warcraft. Early estimates have the sequel grossing $8 million-$9 million on Friday for a weekend tally of $24 million-$26 million from 3,232 theaters.

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I've never seen NYSM. All I know is two living, breathing friends separately called it "one of the worst movies I've ever seen".

You should watch it just to see a movie end on a truly WTF note. Like the filmmakers literally pulled the twist out of their asses and said why not.

1 p.m. Los Angeles time estimates are absolutely useless. You simply cannot extrapolate what if film is going to do for the rest of the day and the evening. I don't care what data they think they have the estimates that usually come out at this time of day are categorically wrong LOL

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Yeah, the tickets are given a value (significantly lower than a standard ticket) and that value is reported to the distributors and then cut back to the cinema; but it's a value that the customer doesn't have to pay.

So, e.g. at the cinema I worked at:

From internal point of view:

Adult ticket: £10. Customer is charged full £10, is reported as £10 revenue.

Child ticket: £6. Customer is charged full £6, is reported as £6 revenue.

Unlimited ticket: £3. Customer is charged £0, is reported as £3 revenue.

And then the cut the cinema gets is taken from the overall revenues. So if the distributor takes 2/3 of revenue, then for every Unlimited ticket booked, the customer pays £0, the distributor gets £2. The customer just pays their £17 monthly subscription, which goes straight into the cinema's pocket.

54 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Oh, @Telemachos it's also worth mentioning that the internal price of a ticket is negotiated with by the distributor. Generally the cinema has pretty much free reign to price tickets how they like, but with these, distributors have more control. E.g. at my cinema, Unlimited tickets for Sony movies were £4.50, while Warner Bros and Disney were lower at £3. Think there was one that was lower, but it was generally £3-4.

Thanks for explaining this, Tree. It makes sense.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

You should watch it just to see a movie end on a truly WTF note. Like the filmmakers literally pulled the twist out of their asses and said why not.

I might just read the Wiki when I'm on the bowl later.