WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

List makes me looks like a slacker. Most I've ever seen a movie in theaters was three times. Mind you, I grew up in a time when movietickets were much more expensive, and thus I had to be safer with my cash, but still, damn!

I spent all my money on going to the theater when I was in my teens....actually, not much has changed for me in 25 years :)

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yes. There was a theater in Omaha that would play it once a month at Midnight on Saturdays

oh id kill to go to a the room midnight screening, we dont have that kind of stuff in my country

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I don't know how or why anyone would want to engage in sexual activities during a movie.

It was a drive in.  Everyone has sex at the drive in.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, filmlover said:

I don't know how or why anyone would want to engage in sexual activities during a movie.

You don't know how? Uhh..maybe your parents should....teach you...about the birds and the bees...

• Like 5

Just now, Water Bottle said:

You don't know how? Uhh..maybe your parents should....teach you...about the birds and the bees...

You know what I mean. ;)

If I paid good money to see a movie I'm gonna watch the fucking movie. The sex is afterwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I spent all my money on going to the theater when I was in my teens....actually, not much has changed for me in 25 years :)

I wish I had the ability to see certain films in theaters more then once, but I don't have the fortune of a spending job right now.

There is however a film series in a college nearby where I live, and sometimes I sign up for it, and have the opportunity to see films that I thought were great, on the big screen again, if that makes any sense.

• Like 2

Been gone for awhile but it appears Jungle Book could beat C.A. domestically.

Apparently Zootropiapedia-expealidocious has proven not to be the game changing wonder that we were all supposed to believe it was. Interesting year.

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

Apparently Zootropiapedia-expealidocious has proven not to be the game changing wonder that we were all supposed to believe it was. Interesting year.

shocked-what-gif.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

Maybe in your absence you have forgotten how to read boxofficemojo.com :)

There is 0% chance that Jungle Book comes anywhere close to CW domestically and Zootopia has made more than a billion so maybe not a game changer but certainly a huge surprise.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Films in 1989 lasted way longer in theaters than they do now.  It wasn't uncommon for films in the 80's to stay in theaters for up to a year.  I don't think Indy stayed that long but it played into the winter....anyway.....I had a friend who worked at the local theater and she would let me see it for free as often as I wanted.  There were weeks when I saw it three times.  The first time was at a drive in on opening night...I've told this story here before, but on opening night, the girl I was seeing at the time, decided that she wanted to do sexual things to me right at the beginning of the movie.  It was opening night and I had been waiting for this film for years.  I told her "NO".....i mean this hot 16 year old girl wanted to perform favours on me and I wanted to watch the movie.  We didn't date for very long lol....but back to the amount of times I saw it, it just never got old....i love that movie.

So that's why my Last Crusade blu ray box says "better than sex with a 16 year old hottie" on the cover.

• Like 3

Just saw Conjuring 2. It's my first mainstream horror movie I've seen in theaters and probably my last

The audience was total shit. Movie was good though; first was better, but this was still worthwhile.

• Like 2

Man I have seen movies 20+ times before in a theater.  Not often but I have done it.  The  most lately was TFA at  7 times, but I have a lot between that and the 20+ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 75live said:

Man I have seen movies 20+ times before in a theater.  Not often but I have done it.  The  most lately was TFA at  7 times, but I have a lot between that and the 20+ 

You have me beat....what film did you see 20X?

Just now, Baumer said:

You have me beat....what film did you see 20X?

Overall, the original Star Wars especially with the re-release.  Then ESB and ROTJ are at least around 15, Titanic at 12, and so on

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2