FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Wouldn't have guessed that now that we are in he heart of summer but probably should have known. Is it the same in general for Mother's Day?

The same holds true for movies that generally appeal to females I believe. Seems like Father's Day is bigger in that respect though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Well recieved Pixar sequels usually get 4x legs.

So if Dory hits 125 m OW, then CW's summer crown is in danger.

With $9.2 million in previews, I don't see how it misses $125 million+ considering Minions did $6.2 million in previews and got $115 million OW. 

As a huge animation nerd, this is exciting. As someone who Pixar's early work caused the foundation for my love of movies in general, I'm just really really overjoyed. Even if it somehow missed the record (which I don't think will happen.)

I remember seeing Finding Nemo when I was 7 years old on Saturday afternoon in a sold out theater. I saw it three times that summer including my first trip to the drive in. It was probably one of the first movies I completely loved.

Honestly, I'm kinda upset I can't contribute to the box office until Monday. It's critical and commercial success will have to be enough for me. At least this is exciting on its own!

• Like 3

Woah, that late night is insane for Dory. If it beats Minions' OW by as much as it beat it's late nights it would gross $170m this weekend. :o

Not that I think it will do that much, but 150 has to legit be on the table now, which is unbelievable for animation.

• Like 1

The only Pixar movie to open over 100m had sub-4x legs, despite universal acclaim. I think it's safe to say that the same factors that affect super-huge openers also apply to Pixar movies (albeit on a smaller scale). I'd be surprised if DORY gets a 4x multiplier.

• Like 5

Just now, Telemachos said:

The only Pixar movie to open over 100m had sub-4x legs, despite universal acclaim. I think it's safe to say that the same factors that affect super-huge openers also apply to Pixar movies (albeit on a smaller scale). I'd be surprised if DORY gets a 4x multiplier.

Well, sure, but a 3.77x multiplier is nothing to sneeze at.