FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

7 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Watching PREDATOR. Better than everything coming out this summer... combined.

The final track from T2 just popped on my iPod's shuffle.

Time for a few man tears.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of legs, @Cmasterclay wants to be the one to start the Dory Weekend 2 > Independence Day Weekend 1 club. I say let him now that an estimate is out. It'd be fascinating to see how many would join at this point given the bad buzz growing around the latter movie.

Dory will win until Pets. Honestly a club seems really useless. Everyone will be in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of legs, @Cmasterclay wants to be the one to start the Dory Weekend 2 > Independence Day Weekend 1 club. I say let him now that an estimate is out. It'd be fascinating to see how many would join at this point given the bad buzz growing around the latter movie.

Or maybe now I want to start a Dory Weekend 2 DOUBLE Independence Day Weekend 1 club :jeb!:

Like Cjohn said, the other club might be useless. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

With all this talk of multipliers, I decided to actually start multiplying.

A 3.7x multiplier for Finding Dory would mean a domestic total of about $480m.

All I have to say is that I have some serious doubts about that.

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Or maybe now I want to start a Dory Weekend 2 DOUBLE Independence Day Weekend 1 club :jeb!:

Like Cjohn said, the other club might be useless. 

That doesn't sound very challenging either. :lol: Do something like Dory OW > IDR Domestic Total

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I will probably be IN if Dory does 140M this weekend. And it should do that.

Just now, Telemachos said:

That doesn't sound very challenging either. :lol: Do something like Dory OW > IDR Domestic Total

I mean if FD matched TS3's exact drop from a 140 OW, it would do 76 second weekend. That means we would be expecting ID42 to do less than 38 million at this point. Which, maybe, but yeeeesh. I'll debate it in my head on the way home from work. 

Hoping these estimates keep rising throughout the day! Really wanna see this top 140M OW...that would put it right on track for 500M DOM.

Edited by Lumos

A few of the records Dory could possibly break:

~ Become the first animated film to have an opening day above $50 million

~ Become the first animated film to open above the $125 million mark and at tops, the $150 million 

~ Become the first animated film to break the $500 million mark

~ Become the first animated film to gross more than $200 million in its first week of release 

Edited by CelestialFairyIX
  • Like 1