FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

Just now, FilmBuff said:

Disney needs to get on this shit and announce releases for The incredibles 2, Frozen 2, and live action The Lion Kion King. We're talking 3-1 billion dollar movies right there.

There is a live action of the Lion King?

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Makes me wonder what Incredibles 2 could do opening weekend. I doubt it could match Dory, but I think (in say today's dollars) a 120-130M opening could happen. And I wouldn't predict higher than 125M for Frozen 2.

Although The Incredibles was not quite as popular as Nemo,  there's seems to be a stronger demand for a sequel, so who knows, it might do close to Dory numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Disney needs to get on this shit and announce releases for The incredibles 2, Frozen 2, and live action The Lion Kion King. We're talking 3-1 billion dollar movies right there.

They've already announced Incredibles 2 and Frozen 2. Incredibles was announced for June 2019 and Frozen should be released 2018, presumably Thanksgiving.

Edited by Jayhawk

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't know why you think that. No reason for the Incredibles 2 to not match Finding Dory, especially if ticket prices increase.

I've said this before and I'll repeat myself: other than critically, the success rate for both Finding Nemo and The Incredibles is incomparable, as while one did a very respectable 600M+ WW, the other nearly crossed 900M a year earlier. And as amazing as it is, Incredibles did not lit up a pop culture firestorm the same way as Nemo has. I imagine Incredibles 2 will come close enough, it'll probably cross 1B WW and all... but as far as Pixar is concerned, only Toy Story 4 and, if it ever happens, Inside Out 2 have potential to beat Dory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I've said this before and I'll repeat myself: other than critically, the success rate for both Finding Nemo and The Incredibles is incomparable, as while one did a very respectable 600M+ WW, the other nearly crossed 900M a year earlier. And as amazing as it is, Incredibles did not lit up a pop culture firestorm the same way as Nemo has. I imagine Incredibles 2 will come close enough, it'll probably cross 1B WW and all... but as far as Pixar is concerned, only Toy Story 4 and, if it ever happens, Inside Out 2 have potential to beat Dory.

TS4 will definitely decrease (domestically at least)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I hope that will beat the minions/shit worldwide

I think Minions is definitely within reach, even frozen (but that's probably more of a stretch). I hope it does too, I seriously hated Minions.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, department store basement said:

They will never explain how Ratchet and Clank made only 8 million.

(By the way that actually had less than a 2x multiplier which is very rare for an animated movie.)

Ah, that one will be explained as **video-game**! Oddly, accompanying the talking-animal films will be the low-budget rated R comedies and horror films (80s flashbacks) with the advent of the Kidd-friendly PG-PG13 horror movies. 

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Inside Out 2? Are you fucking kidding me?

• Like 1