baumer

Monday Numbers (Dory)...20M or just under RTH

5 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

Lol most people in SF are still complaining.  Congratulations on the win.  

5 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

Lol most people in SF are still complaining.  Congratulations on the win.  

No one to blame but themselves...they gave up a 3-1 lead.....horrible......not the NBA thread.

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

I guess we'll see. $20 million seems too high for a normal Monday even coming off of a "should-be" $40 million Sunday.

you've been around long enough to know how the summer works - 20m on Monday for a film that opened to 135m in the summer season is very reasonable if we were talking May or even late August then it might be different. As another poster commented the Saturday to Monday drop is the same as Toy Story 3 so its behaving normally.

• Like 1

Dory will definitely have a good hold but I don't think it will hold as well as Toy Story 3. First of all in my personal opinion the rush Factor has gotten even greater than it was even four years ago. Plus you have for other movies opening up this weekend. Now granted perhaps they don't really Target the same demo as Finding Dory but it's still competition. If I had to guess I would say Finding Dory will be looking at around a 50% drop period

• Like 3

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

you've been around long enough to know how the summer works - 20m on Monday for a film that opened to 135m in the summer season is very reasonable if we were talking May or even late August then it might be different. As another poster commented the Saturday to Monday drop is the same as Toy Story 3 so its behaving normally.

I have only been following Dom BO since TFA and as normal as it may be a 20M monday is fucking impressive.

I really thought Rth was fucking with us and that it would not reach the 2x figures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Dory will definitely have a good hold but I don't think it will hold as well as Toy Story 3. First of all in my personal opinion the rush Factor has gotten even greater than it was even four years ago. Plus you have for other movies opening up this weekend. Now granted perhaps they don't really Target the same demo as Finding Dory but it's still competition. If I had to guess I would say Finding Dory will be looking at around a 50% drop period

Two of those (Free State of Jones and The Neon Demon) will be doing zilch or close to it so that's pretty much irrelevant.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RascarCapat said:

I have only been following Dom BO since TFA and as normal as it may be a 20M monday is fucking impressive.

I really thought Rth was fucking with us and that it would not reach the 2x figures.

Cool man - we like having new "believers" if you will lol

Summer behaves much differently from any other time of year - think of the 2 weeks of Christmas break and then stretch that out to 8 weeks of summer (give or take) we have much larger weekdays but far smaller Friday and Saturday increases. A film like Dory will probably increase less than 50% on both Friday and Saturday this coming weekend.

NOT saying that 20m isn't impressive its still #10 on the largest freaking mondays ever lol but the playing it off as abnormal is just wishful thinking on some people parts - or in your case due to lack of knowledge.

• Like 1

it's pointless to say what film is more impressive than another film but in my opinion Frozen, being an original film that completely took the box office by storm is much more surprising and much more impressive than Finding Dory which is a beloved Pixar sequel to A beloved Pixar film.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Captain H said:

Frozen earned $400m DOM, and Dory is looking to beat Shrek 2's record ($440m-ish). Unless you're talking about WW...

No, I was talking about DOM but I remember about Frozen grossing something like 420m so that made sense. Foggy memory :P