WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

Illumination is going to have to start settling for 100M-low 200's if they keep alienating older audiences; given the budgets on their movies they should be fine with that.

Edited by WrathOfHan

In admissions, I think The Sting 2's 99% admissions drop off is the only thing way worse than what ID4 to IDR will be. IDR is headed to an 85%+ tumble. To put that in perspective, even disastrous drop offs like Scream 4 and Alice 2 didn't go above like a 75% decrease in admissions. IDR's admissions drop will be catastrophic. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Newsflash: adults make up the majority of moviegoers.

Newsflash: adults have to take kids to movies, so they are still present in a big way in the gross for a family drive film. Pets won't have a significant adult w/o kids demo, and it doesn't need it to hit 300. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

In admissions, I think The Sting 2's 99% admissions drop off is the only thing way worse than what ID4 to IDR will be. IDR is headed to an 85%+ tumble. To put that in perspective, even disastrous drop offs like Scream 4 and Alice 2 didn't go above like a 75% decrease in admissions. IDR's admissions drop will be catastrophic. 

Alice definitely did.

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

This was on the THR report, which confuses me since they're saying $65M.

(The Pixar and Disney sequel will swim past the $300 million mark domestically sometime on Sunday.)

They don't have actual numbers, and basically just admitted they're making up random ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Illumination is going to have to start settling for 100M-low 200's if they keep alienating older audiences; given the budgets on their movies they should be fine with that.

I do think Illumination needs to stop being lazy with the storytelling. Watching the Zootopia doc shows how much effort WDAS into the story, constantly retooling it until they got it right and I imagine because of budgets, Illumination don't do that.

• Like 1

IDR was just horrible. Really awful. And I know I bag on ID4 a fair amount, but I'd still give it a B- or so. This one is in D territory. The sole redeeming factor is it's nice to see Goldblum in a big summer movie again.

There were maybe 20 people at my show, in a theater that probably seats 400. I know it was a late morning show, but it was also the Arclight Hollywood, where geek-centric movies routinely do very well.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What is Greek Wedding 2's admissions drop-off? Pretty sure it's worse than ID4-2's.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, he pretty much confirmed. First zero star grade from him since Bachelorette.

That's what I figured.   It's rotten reviews border on really hating that film.