WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

2 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

Welp, IDR in all likelihood has killed my Summer Game beyond all hope of recovery. I took a flier on it being at least on par with some of his bigger hits. 

I put 300M for it :(

• Like 3

I'm so glad this is happening. Studio execs are already rethinking some things. Hell, they may have canceled Pitch Perfect 3 because of it. 

They'll find some other way to avoid being original, of course, but less unnecessary sequels is a good thing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

I'm so glad this is happening. Studio execs are already rethinking some things. Hell, they may have canceled Pitch Perfect 3 because of it. 

They'll find some other way to avoid being original, of course, but less unnecessary sequels is a good thing. 

Pitch Perfect 3 will go on. The issue is that it's not just sequels that are flopping. Original stories are too. That's why it's refreshing to see movies like Central Intelligence and The Shallows do well respective to their budgets. Maybe what Hollywood should do, is actually start creating quality films instead of garbage regardless of whether they're sequels or not. If IDR was actually a good film, I'm sure people would have went out and watched it. But it's not and people aren't stupid. 

• Like 2