WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

Dory: 75m

ID4-2: 40m

CI: 18m

Shall: 16m

Fine drop for Dory, still aimed for 500m+

Terrible for ID4-2. I still see 100m+ thanks to summer weekdays. But that's like 1/7 of the attendance of ID4. Very sad.

Good hold for CI. Expect 115-120m if not more.

Great for Shallows. Very respectable opening. Hoping for 50m+ DOM.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

aren't you as mods should avoid unnecessary trolling. This is bordering that. I think you have already said your opinion on dory multiple times.

As long we dont trolll Batman vs Superman its not trolling 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

aren't you as mods should avoid unnecessary trolling. This is bordering that. I think you have already said your opinion on dory multiple times.

I'd be okay with them trolling but they've been fucking ridiculous...both baumer and CJohn.

It's gone way past the point of entertaining (not that it ever was in the first place) and is now fucking grating. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Perks of being a mod.

Edited by kayumanggi

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Bleh. People are so bored of this weekend that they are actually talking about the 90s!

Ahh, the 1890's.  Tele and baumer's teenage years. Those were some good times.

Edited by Jim Shorts
  • Like 9

32 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

They're just joking around, chill out dude. Here, some juice for your nerves:

Spoiler

Mexican-Troll-Face-Meme.png

35 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Oh relax Keyser....it's way past serious now....it's a joke.  I'm just having some fun as is Cjohn....that is allowed here, isn't it?  Dory is a runaway smash hit and everyone loves it....you can have a few dissenters. ;)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

Ahh, the 1890's.  Tele and baumer's teenage years. Those were some good tims.

You kids are lucky these days I tell you...back in my day, this is how we walked to school

640x360_global-sports-mentor1.jpg

• Like 9

Nobody noticed that I actually liked Dory. 

Fuck that blue fish, tho. But I guess the stupid blue fish is better than a boring lifeless dumb Marvel movie, so go stupid dumb blue fish, I guess? Get that Summer victory! 

• Like 3

DORY is such a huge win. I feel it was widely accepted here by folks (including me) that DORY had lost buzz and mojo since the year started and 400m was not locked. Was thinking that matching TJB would be good enough.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The Flintstones, The Santa Claus, Hook, 101 Dalmatians, Casper, Jumanji, George of the Jungle, Flubber, Space, Jam, Doctor Doolittle, TMNT movies, Inspector Gadget...geez, thank goodness we 90's kids had the Renaissance and Pixar cause we had some absolute sheeeeeet for live action flicks. 

The Santa Clause isn't a bad movie - nothing phenomenal, but certainly higher quality than those over films you mention.

The sequels are pretty terrible though. 

7 hours ago, JohnnY said:

For 15 years, after Toy Story 3 the only incredible quality we got was Inside Out. The rest wasn't even "good quality".

Monsters University and Good Dinosaur were decent enough, but definitely nowhere near the Pixar standard. 

Brave is my least favorite Pixar film, but there are plenty who enjoy it and it won BAF in 2012, so it's definitely not generally perceived as terrible.

Cars 2 is one giant Saturday morning cartoon.. definitely one of their worst, but I enjoyed it more than Brave. 

3 hours ago, picores said:

Dory: 75m

ID4-2: 40m

CI: 18m

Shall: 16m

Fine drop for Dory, still aimed for 500m+

Terrible for ID4-2. I still see 100m+ thanks to summer weekdays. But that's like 1/7 of the attendance of ID4. Very sad.

Good hold for CI. Expect 115-120m if not more.

Great for Shallows. Very respectable opening. Hoping for 50m+ DOM.

Dory

$50.5 million/$66 million ($414 million) 

$25 million ($454 million)

$17 million ($488 million)

$8 million ($504 million)

$6 million ($516 million)

$4 million ($523 million)

$2.5 million ($527 million)

$1.5 million ($529 million) 

$1 million ($530 million) 

$2.25 million/$3 million ($534 million)

$541 million DOM (4x) 

ID4-2
$18.5 million/$25.5 million ($83 million)

$8 million ($94 million)

$3 million ($100 million)

$1 million ($102 million) 

$106 million DOM 

CI

$13 million/$16.5 million ($98 million)

$7.5 million ($110 million)

$3.5 million ($117 million)

$2 million ($121 million) 

$0.75 million ($122 million)

$126 million DOM 

Shallows

$10.5 million/$13.5 million ($40 million)

$7 million ($51 million)

$4.5 million ($60 million)

$1.5 million ($64 million)

$1 million ($66 million)

$70 million DOM (bullish, but I see it having a leggy run due to a lack of original films this summer) 

3 out of 4 are success stories... hopefully Purge 3, Pets, Ghostbusters, Ice Age 5, Star Trek 3, Lights Out, Bad Moms and Jason Bourne all prove successful and make July 2016 a bright spot after two relatively feast-or-famine months. 

• Like 3