WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

I fully expect that Shallows number to go up closer to $15M for the weekend. At my theater the night shows are almost all sold out but with the 5PM showing sold out. So I definitely see it as being a more night film. And that Dory number is a joke. Who comes up with these numbers. 

Edited by Nova

The Lost World just lost me with that one scene. That one... dreaded scene. How many of you can guess what it is without reading the spoiler tags?

Where the little girl uses her gymnastics to beat the Velociraptor while flipping on some bar

Yikes!

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

The Lost World just lost me with that one scene. That one... dreaded scene. How many of you can guess what it is without reading the spoiler tags?

Hide contents

Where the little girl uses her gymnastics to beat the Velociraptor while flipping on some bar

Yikes!

Literally everyone can guess it without reading spoiler tags

tumblr_n7vvqjqB081s2wio8o2_500.gif

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just got back from The Secret Life of Pets.

What a let down :( 

All of the laughs are unfortunately in the trailers. Only focuses on pets at home for strong first 20 minutes. Then it's a trip through the streets of New York and a very out of place dream sequence. 

Sold out audience, but very very little reaction. One for the very young. 

Den of Geek had their review of SLoP yesterday and it is almost identical to what you said.

Basically said the trailer is all the first 10 minutes of the movie and then you still have 70 minutes to go with not much funny after that. Called it the weakest of the Illumination movies.

That makes me wonder about legs. May get off to a strong start but fade quickly if WOM ends up being Meh after the strong trailers (which would only help FD).

I thougt SLoP might be one of the breakouts this summer but I am starting to feel that may not be likely.

3 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Den of Geek had their review of SLoP yesterday and it is almost identical to what you said.

Basically said the trailer is all the first 10 minutes of the movie and then you still have 70 minutes to go with not much funny after that. Called it the weakest of the Illumination movies.

That makes me wonder about legs. May get off to a strong start but fade quickly if WOM ends up being Meh after the strong trailers (which would only help FD).

I thougt SLoP might be one of the breakouts this summer but I am starting to feel that may not be likely.

That would be quite the feat, considering how poor The Lorax was.

10 minutes ago, John Doe said:

So who was it here that thought IndepenDUNCE Day 2 was going to follow in the footsteps of JW and it's nostalgia? 

I always thought the best case scenario was for it to perform like Dumb and Dumber To did compared to the original.

ID's legacy today is far closer to Dumb and Dumber's than it is to Jurassic Park's really. The former two while well-loved are mostly products of their times while JP still holds up well.

Edited by department store basement

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just got back from The Secret Life of Pets.

What a let down :( 

All of the laughs are unfortunately in the trailers. Only focuses on pets at home for strong first 20 minutes. Then it's a trip through the streets of New York and a very out of place dream sequence. 

Sold out audience, but very very little reaction. One for the very young. 

Not surprised in the slightest.  I think everyone really excited about it was hoping for some sort of anthology film about what various pets do when they're at home.