WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

5 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Pets might be one of the most overhyped movies on this forum. It has maybe a 5% chance of beating Zootopia. Personally, I don't even think it will reach $300M.

0% chance of beating Zootopia,  10% of beating Despicable Me, imo

Edited by tribefan695

Just now, superduperm said:

An OW above Inside Out is not happening, IMO.

We'll see. The marketing has been a million times more effective at hooking kids than IO's ever was, so it will all depend on how much the adult w/o kids demo helped IO. Pets will slaughter IO on OW in terms of the family demo. 

2 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Dang, really? I love 2012, especially the destruction sequences, I was hoping IDR would have great destruction scenes!

I mean, it's an opinion thing, but I thought the action was overall sparse and weak.

14 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Pets might be one of the most overhyped movies on this forum. It has maybe a 5% chance of beating Zootopia. Personally, I don't even think it will reach $300M.

I dunno. The marketing for it is just fucking everywhere.

Sure, it's most likely not going to have the same multiplier as Zootopia, but it doesn't need to.

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

We'll see. The marketing has been a million times more effective at hooking kids than IO's ever was, so it will all depend on how much the adult w/o kids demo helped IO. Pets will slaughter IO on OW in terms of the family demo. 

I thought the trailer for Pets is rather stupid, and it just rips off Toy Story 1's storyline pretty much. 

On June 24, 2016 at 7:52 PM, MovieMan89 said:

ignore the quote stuff,

But this weekend besides The Shallows and holdovers have been decent. IDR will no matter what will sneak over $100 million domestic. But nothing exciting.

6 minutes ago, Star Lord said:

I thought the trailer for Pets is rather stupid, and it just rips off Toy Story 1's storyline pretty much. 

Are you aged 10 or under? Anyone who's been in a theater packed with kids when a Pets trailer plays should know the kind of reactions it gets from them. Been seeing it happen for a year now. There's no way it goes under 80m for OW. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Are you aged 10 or under? Anyone who's been in a theater packed with kids when a Pets trailer plays should know the kind of reactions it gets from them. Been seeing it happen for a year now. There's no way it goes under 80m for OW. 

You do know that kids don't pay for the tickets, right? Mommy and Daddy will have to say yes on going to the theater, and for the most part, it depends on if they think it will be worth their time and worth their wallet. If not, the family isn't gonna go, and they'll wait for Redbox. I'm not going to completely deny your prediction, but just having strong kid appeal won't automatically equal an Inside Out-level opening.

• Like 1