WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

You do know that kids don't pay for the tickets, right? Mommy and Daddy will have to say yes on going to the theater, and for the most part, it depends on if they think it will be worth their time and worth their wallet. If not, the family isn't gonna go, and they'll wait for Redbox. I'm not going to completely deny your prediction, but just having strong kid appeal won't automatically equal an Inside Out-level opening.

I think that's true if it's not something the kid actively wants to see. It's summer and families are going to go see movies. There's really nothing else appealing out besides Dory, and plenty will have already seen that. I have a hard time buying that parents in hordes are going to reject a movie kids really wanna see. I mean the Pets marketing has been nowhere near as annoying as Minions, and parents got suckered into that one. Pets will be just fine, regardless of what mom and dad think about it. 

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Are you aged 10 or under? Anyone who's been in a theater packed with kids when a Pets trailer plays should know the kind of reactions it gets from them. Been seeing it happen for a year now. There's no way it goes under 80m for OW. 

Or you could just look in any store and see how much Pets crap is already on shelves.

The Day After Tomorrow and White House Down are really the only two I was entertained by, not that they're more than a 7/10 or anything. Godzilla is bad but still nowhere near IDR level of cinematic crime. A 6/10 meh to all his others. 

Edited by MovieMan89

For me and I never saw that Shakespeare thing he did

ID4. B+

Stargate. B-

Day After Tomorrow.  B-

Universal Soldier. C+

2012. C

White House Down. C-

Pile of Shit 

Pile of Shit

Pile of Shit

Godzilla F

Edited by DAR

Anyway now I'm back to normal. Finding Dory held up strong this weekend and should make at least $435 million domestic.                     As for the lead of the new releases, Independence Day:Resurgance that wasn't the case. Its been 20 years since the original was released to screens, and was the highest grossing film of 1996 and has been shown on TV, and a alright 6.9/10 on IMDB(better than Resurgance's 5.8/10). But without Will Smith, mixed to toxic word of mouth(40% audience score on rotten tomatoes) the sequel didn't appeal to audiences. Independence Day should probably have mediocre legs at best, and make at least $100 million domestic.                Last weekend's other release, Central Intelligence had a decent drop with around 48% much better than The Rock's other films and better than Kevin Hart's other recent films and on-par with Think Like A Man, and Ride Along. But steeper than The Wedding Ringer, and The Heat. Overall Central Intelliegence, should end its run around $110 million domestic.                                      Other new release this weekend, The Shallows had a decent start this weekend with an estimated $16.7 million. That start is better than other underwater features such as Shark Night, and Piranha(2010), and is also one of Blake Lively's better debuts in a lead role. But it's a far cry from other shark features(when including attendance) such as the first three Jaws films and Deep Blue Sea. But with decent word of mouth, and lack of competition The Shallows should hold strong and come close to at least $50 million domestic.                   Free State Of Jones was another stinker for STX Entertainment after Hardcore Henry, and with a $50 million production budget and a star like Matthew Mccoungahey this is a dissapointment. But could hold up next weekend with the 4th Of July holiday, and could be lost in the shuffle as it was originally scheduled for a May 13th release then switched to June. Overall, Free State Of Jones should end its run around $20 million domestic.        Horror sequel The Conjuring 2 held okay for a horror sequel, and should end its run close to $105 million domestic.                                Now You See Me 2 also had a decent hold, and should end its run around $65 million domestic.             X-Men:Apocylpse is still dying out for Fox, and should make its total around $160 million domestic.            Ninja Turtles also had a harsh decline as well, with more competition on the way the film is dying quickly and might fall short of the first film's 7-day total, and make close to $85 million domestic. Alice 2 once again had so-so to bland drop, and should come close to $80 million. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, trancedanne said:

Of course Will Smith would have made a difference, pretty much ever person who watched the trailers was wondering where the hell Smith was. Fox should have payed whatever he demanded, i think this would have doubled the numbers with him in it. The nostalgia would have been through the roof

DoubleD the numbers?

HAHAHAHA HAHA HAHAHAHA.....that's almost as funny as some of the script.

• Like 1

Even Gods of Egypt had some people here saying it was entertainingly bad, IDR not even that. Seems like a really boring piece of sh*t. Feel bad for Maika Monroe, she was awesome on It Follows.

Edited by Napoleon

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I wanna conduct a Kinsey-like experiment on people who enjoyed Day After Tomorrow.

I haven't seen it in years to be fair, but the special effects totally blew me away back in the day. Basically the only reason I enjoyed it. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I haven't seen it in years to be fair, but the special effects totally blew me away back in the day. Basically the only reason I enjoyed it. 

They did? I was in college working at a Loews when that came out and I thought the entire thing was a piece of shit watching it for free.

• Like 1