baumer

Wed #s RTH (10.3 Dory -30%| IDR 3.4 -32%)

1 hour ago, RamblinRed said:

Could Dory stay flat today?

Both IO and TS3 had small increases the Thursday before the Holiday weekend. JW also had a Thursday increase. Wondering if more people start taking time off as it gets closer to the weekend and that might lessen the Thursday fall.

A 30% Wed drop after a 40% Tues gain seems very good.

Yeah, 30% drop is very good considering the huge increase on Tuesday. 

Canada has a holiday on Friday. Could help Thursday evening shows for the Canadian portion of domestic revenue. 

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

I'm thinking it stays flat today, and then increases to around Tuesday's number for Friday (maybe higher if Monday impacts it a lot)

I think it's weekend drop will be softened quite a bit by having the 4th on Monday.  It could have 16 straight days over 10m.

1 hour ago, Bonenash said:

I may shock some people but i love love love LOVE Broken arrow:)

The kind of movie you known it's not perfect it has its flaws BUT it works for me a pure popcorn movie of the 90s :D

ANs it has Hans Zimmer so can't be bad :D

Don't sleep on Hard Target.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am thinking

15m friday

17m saturday

16m sunday

10m monday

58m over 4-days. :jeb!:

That would be 390M after Monday, over 100M up on TS3. 500M would be nearly locked with that kind of hold this weekend.

• Like 1

500m will happen for DORY imo :

9.5m on Thu (-8%) and 50m over 4-day weekend (-31.5% from 73m) will give it 381m cume - 119m away from 500m after the 3rd Monday

IO added 106m after the 3rd Monday  (3rd weekend was 29.7m)

TS3 added 113m after the 3rd Monday (3rd weekend was 30.2m)

I think you guys are way over estimating what it's going to do this weekend. It's performing so well during the week that the increases on the weekend are just not going to be as much as they were in years past.

• Like 4

if it were really to fall in the low 30% this weekend then it would start the 600 million dollar conversation. It's not going that high and it's not going to drop that softly this weekend in my opinion.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Congrats to Disney, first studio with 4 300M+ grosser in a calender year. 5 will happen with Rogue One and with Moana potential for 6. Amazing year for them even with few flops.

With Zootopia over performing, CA3 hitting $1B WW, the very strong performance of Jungle Book, and the uber-blockbuster run of Dory, Disney can afford a few "Finest Hours" &" Alice 2."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I think you guys are way over estimating what it's going to do this weekend. It's performing so well during the week that the increases on the weekend are just not going to be as much as they were in years past.

I am not 100% serious. But I boosted friday increase because of you canadians having the day off.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

if it were really to fall in the low 30% this weekend then it would start the 600 million dollar conversation. It's not going that high and it's not going to drop that softly this weekend in my opinion.

You're right. I was just posting what if Keyser senario came true. If it holds like that with continued TS3 multiplier gets Dory to 590M+.

Just now, druv10 said:

You're right. I was just posting what if Keyser senario came true. If it holds like that with continued TS3 multiplier gets Dory to 590M+.

it will drop hard next weekend as this weekend is boosted with friday being helped by canadian day and sunday having good drop bcos of monday being 4th. This is not including the impact from Pets. So 590m not happening even if my crazy scenario were true.

Realistically I am expecting 50m over 4-day.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Possibly, but it's also a holiday weekend, which is why I could see a softer drop this weekend than if it were a normal one.

• Like 1