WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

Just now, cannastop said:

For Kubo, $100m dom is the insane breakout level.

I disagree since it looks far broader appealing than any of their previous films, including Coraline which adjusts to 90. But yes, 100 for stop motion will never be easy. Except it doesn't even look like stop motion, so again big plus for it. 

2 minutes ago, Blanks McCoy said:

I'll admit I haven't seen it yet but here:

thats probably worse

Just wait till this breaks out big on Christmas. I actually think this has a good shot of being #1 over that weekend ahead of Rogue One.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

CJohn started saying it on Dory's OW because he was mad that Dory was the movie to breakout this summer and it eventually caught on with Baumer.

What's there to hate about the forgetful fish?

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's being positioned in the dreaded slot of late August (when the tumbleweeds begin rolling in) so probably not.

I see that as an advantage since it's obviously not opening huge. But where it's at it can open to  23m or something and then get a 4x+ multi via lack of competition for over a month and WOM. 

Say goodbye to Disney’s The BFG which is looking at a second Friday-Sunday span drop of 57% to 60% for $7.5M to $8M and a running 10-day take of $39M

If these numbers hold than BFG will find it tough to touch 60m.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

:WHATanabe: 

Not insane. Do you think that Rouge one will have a $70m second weekend? Perhaps a $55m second weekend? Maybe Sing can sneak ahead of it, even if Sing was released on a Wednesday.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Not insane. Do you think that Rouge one will have a $70m second weekend? Perhaps a $55m second weekend? Maybe Sing can sneak ahead of it, even if Sing was released on a Wednesday.

Only in a worst case WOM for Rogue One/best case WOM for Sing scenario would it be possible. 

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm expecting 160-170M for Rogue One's OW and because it's the holidays there's going to be a sub-50% drop. I'm expecting a 55-60M 5 day for Sing

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2