WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

The marketing has really paid off but I get the feeling it'll fall short of Zoo and Jungle Book's domestic total despite a higher OW. While it's an original movie, I wonder if it might fall have a heavier fall next week compared to other original films because it opened so big but also WOM is mixed at best. 

You don't know what the WOM will be yet.  Many of us might not like it but that doesn't mean anything right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I didn't mind Duke but I think Max did come off as unlikeable at times. Gidget, Snowball and Chloe had much more character. 

I adored Gidget. She was pretty much the saving grace of the movie for me. 

Just now, Jayhawk said:

It is weird how the Flixster score is so low for Pets. Makes me think we may see a relatively low multi.

It's IMDb score is at 6.8 so it's flixster score isn't really shocking when you look at it. There are other films that were just released in the 65-70 range on flixster that are also at 6.9, 6.8, 6.7 etc. on IMDb. However for an animated film, it's not too hot....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

It's IMDb score is at 6.8 so it's flixster score isn't really shocking when you look at it. There are other films that were just released in the 65-70 range on flixster that are also at 6.9, 6.8, 6.7 etc. on IMDb. However for an animated film, it's not too hot....

IMDb ratings are heavily flawed by being voted on by people who haven't seen the film. I really wouldn't take them so seriously.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I didn't even see the IMDb score. You very rarely see an original movie (especially animated) have that low of a score on OD when it's breaking out like it is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

It is weird how the Flixster score is so low for Pets. Makes me think we may see a relatively low multi.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think we have to consider the fact that the primary age range for those that actually enjoy it, are too young to rate things on iMDB/Flixter.  I doubt 5 year old know what the fuck a flixter is!

• Like 1

Just now, Rallax said:

I think we have to consider the fact that the primary age range for those that actually enjoy it, are too young to rate things on iMDB/Flixter.  I doubt 5 year old know what the fuck a flixter is!

Fair. But WOM is extremely important for family films. It's already guaranteed to be a massive success though.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

IMDb ratings are heavily flawed by being voted on by people who haven't seen the film. I really wouldn't take them so seriously.

I disagree. That's only for like comic book films or a movie like Ghostbusters with people either voting 10/10 or 1/10. For other films especially this summer they've been consistent. 

For exmaple: 

CI: 70% on Flixster, 6.8 on IMDb 

The Shallows: 66% on Flxister, 6.9 IMDb 

SLOP: 71% on Flixster, 6.8 on IMDb

MandD: 70% on Flixster, 6.7 on IMDb 

Tarzan: 72% on Flixster, 7.0 on IMDb 

The Purge: 62% on Flixster, 6.6 on IMDb 

I can go on and on but I'd say that's consistent. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2