WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That its all time record is not just for an original animated film like the thread's title suggest, but for original films in general period? May not seem like a big difference, but it kinda is.

Ah didn't notice the thread title. Gotchya.

Dory is DEFINITELY going over 1 billion WW and JB still has a decent shot with a very good run in Japan.  Dorys chances of 500 million domestic depend on what its weekdays look like this week as well as how it holds when Ice Age opens.  Definitely not locked but at this point, definitely still a shot.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I did put one in the Convo thread, but here: 

Reveal hidden contents

I can't be bothered writing a full review. Also, I don't recommend seeing three different movies in one day lol. Kind of throws off your schedule. 

I'm shocked you haven't received death threats for this yet. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

Dory is DEFINITELY going over 1 billion WW and JB still has a decent shot with a very good run in Japan.  Dorys chances of 500 million domestic depend on what its weekdays look like this week as well as how it holds when Ice Age opens.  Definitely not locked but at this point, definitely still a shot.

If there was a film this year that deserved to make 1B WW this year, it would be JB. 

I saw the Sing trailer yesterday. It doesn't have an incredibly appealing concept like cute Minions or our Pets's secret life. I think it will do between 175-200M.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I saw the Sing trailer yesterday. It doesn't have an incredibly appealing concept like cute Minions or our Pets's secret life. I think it will do around 200M.

The Lady Gaga pig has my $12 lmao.

My wife was insane about JB.  Loved it.  I have to admit I thought it was good but was somewhat bored also.  It's weird my movie tastes are changing.  I'm at a time in my life overwhelmed by stresses and business and responsibilities and can't get into a movie unless it has a really fascinating premise or story to follow.  I used to be the biggest summer blockbuster guy out there.  Now I go see them and walk out annoyed that I didn't enjoy them as much as I used to.  I'm hoping when life settles down I can find enjoyment in the trivial and silly again!!!!!?

15 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

My wife was insane about JB.  Loved it.  I have to admit I thought it was good but was somewhat bored also.  It's weird my movie tastes are changing.  I'm at a time in my life overwhelmed by stresses and business and responsibilities and can't get into a movie unless it has a really fascinating premise or story to follow.  I used to be the biggest summer blockbuster guy out there.  Now I go see them and walk out annoyed that I didn't enjoy them as much as I used to.  I'm hoping when life settles down I can find enjoyment in the trivial and silly again!!!!!?

you're on the road to biopics, enjoy!