grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

12 minutes ago, Ruthie said:

I'll be surprised if this doesn't get a sequel. Whether it deserves it aside, they may lower the budget and try again.

What they would fear is a the % drops Neighbors and Horrible Bosses showed from their predecessors. But both those sequels had reasonable budgets.

How much can they lower GB2's budget?

The main cast will remain the same and get higher salaries. They may have to add an actor or two (at least one more big comedian).

With higher salaries/extra actors can they go lower than GB's budget?

If this one does 130-140 dom...I don't see the next one doing more than 90-110 dom.

Unless they are certain of OS growth, or GB auxiliary revenue is very good, GB2 might be tough.

Edited by a2knet

I just listened to that terrible Fall Out Boy theme for the new GB movie. How awful. Ghostbusters are supposed to have cool soundtracks with good music. I don't even need to list the obvious Ray Parker JR theme. What happened to movies with good soundtracks like this?

also I haven't seen the video for the new theme but does it have cool celebrity cameos like this one and the original GB theme because those had cameos that were basically the who's who in 1980's pop culture.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

Just now, eddyxx said:

I just listened to that terrible Fall Out Boy theme for the new GB movie. How awful. Ghostbusters are supposed to have cool soundtracks with good music. I don't even need to list the obvious Ray Parker JR theme. What happened to movies with good soundtracks like this?

Fall Out Boy is Satan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

People were being very harsh on Pet's second weekend drop, which I consider to be pretty average for an animated movie.

The drop is alright. Not the best, but the movie is doing great. Everything is preaches and roses for pets

Pets is doing great, but facts are facts.  That 2nd weekend drop is acting much more like a hugely marketed sequel than a original animated feature which is what many of us were saying was likely to be the case, to much ridicule.

Zootopia-31%

Inside Out-41%

Despocable Me-41%

Pets-52-53%

Minions 58%

13 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

Pets is doing great, but facts are facts.  That 2nd weekend drop is acting much more like a hugely marketed sequel than a original animated feature which is what many of us were saying was likely to be the case, to much ridicule.

Zootopia-31%

Inside Out-41%

Despocable Me-41%

Pets-52-53%

Minions 58%

Maybe because Pets isn't a Great movie like the ones above it. They should of stuck with the original premise of what do pets do in the home when their owner is away.

5 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

A BTTF 4 will never happen as long as Zemecksis and Gale are alive. And Chris Lloyd is not gonna outlive both.

Someone mentioned maybe in this thread or the ghostbusters thread that the game released in 2009 was for all intents and purposes ghostbusters 3. I think the same applies to BTTF. The Telltale game released a few years ago was written by Gale and Lloyd voiced Doc. I don't think I would want another BTTF at this point. Too much has changed.

• Like 2