MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

1 minute ago, mrqe93 said:

I need to see a movie to cure massive hangover. Which movie should I watch?

Lights Out

Jason Bourne

STB

Ghostbusters

Lights Out. Its only fitting for the condition that you're in. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Welp. I know that Pets ended up being huge but I'm rather baffled Trek didn't stay at July 8

Pets was opening on July 8. GB on July 15 was not a problem, tho. Maybe they should have moved to July 15 and said FUCK GB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

September and October certainly look crowded with appealing-looking adult fare this year. Something from the summer definitely would've stood out in that spot.

Deepwater Horizon could have been San Andreas level hit, What Now? 4th Of July weekend. 

11 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

Lights Out

Jason Bourne

STB

Ghostbusters

Trek is the only one that I really recommend. Ghostbusters is mediocre, has a few funny parts, Jason Bourne is okay, and I don't know about Light's Out

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

Lights Out

Jason Bourne

STB

Ghostbusters

Watch Ghostbusters. It's so bad it'll make u want to drink excessively again and bye bye hangover.

• Like 1

Sep 2: Morgan 15M, Light Between Oceans 8M

Sep 9: When the Bough Breaks 25M, Sully 20M, Wild Life 5M

Sep 16: Blair Witch 25M, Bridget Jones 15M, Snowden 7M, Hillsong 4M

Sep 23: Mag 7 55M, Storks 35M, Queen of Katwe 10M

Sep 30: Peregrine 25M, Deepwater 20M, Edge of Seventeen 10M

Oct 7: Girl on the Train 23M, Middle School 18M, Birth of a Nation 8M

Oct 14: The Accountant 20M, What Now 7M

Oct 21: Jack Reacher 28M, Ouija 17M, A Monster Calls 15M, Madea 12M, Keeping Up with the Joneses 6M

Oct 28: Inferno 30M (I doubt Rings is released)

I'm banking on Joneses being a monster bomb, the trailer barely registered online.

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Who cares if Bad Moms is at 23 or 33 or whatever. The people at STX are opening up champagne bottles as we speak. I mean, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Indeed. This is double their previous best opening.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Who cares if Bad Moms is at 23 or 33 or whatever. The people at STX are opening up champagne bottles as we speak. I mean, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Yeah but we thought this would be a 100m+ breakout, it's looking more like 70-80m, which is still good but not outstanding. 

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

No one really cares. And its successful regardless if it ends up at $23 or $33M. But you're on a forum that deals with numbers. Particularly box office numbers. So when any film ends up being $10M below estimates or doesn't hit expectations set during the weekend or has a bad drop, people point it out. Just like people would be freaking out if it broke away and made $43M instead of its estimated $33M. Also with a $33M OW it was bound to be another $100M grosser but instead will likely settle at $70M.

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Saw Bourne in a theater that specializes in limited release movies, at a Saturday 7 PM showing. It wasn't sold out. Maybe about half-filled, but I wasn't expecting it to be packed considering the type of theater. I thought it was just so-so, but the dude in front of me was clapping the whole way through and gave a standing applause at the end.  Man, the cast looks old...

2 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

So far, STX spent $115m on their movies (Hardcore Henry was said to have been acquired for $10m), and total gross for their movies is $214m WW including Bad Moms' OW. Everything Bad Moms does at this point will be a success for the studio

Blame Free State of Jones and its $65M Box office bomb. Otherwise its numbers would look even better. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1