CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

6 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Movies this summer that opened well and audiences bothered to care about after opening weekend: Dory, Pets, Central Intelligence. 

Das it

The Shallows held on really well until TC did it in and Lights Out is performing very well right now too. 

They didn't open big but both of those films did really well relative to their budgets/OW. 

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Perhaps it's what happens when the product has always been a niche in appeal. Star Trek has always been considered the nerdiest franchise anyway. 2009 was a fluke.

Had niche appeal in the US too but they were able to sell ST09 to general audiences there, not OS

Maybe Paramount just kinda sucks at marketing its product and got lucky with Transformers connecting with OS auds?

Don't worry tho, my man Hems is coming to save ST4 :depp:

Late August doesn't look too awful this year it must be said. War Dogs is getting a very heavy ad push that could propel it $20-25M opening, and Don't Breathe has strong reviews and could open with $20M given what a good year this has been for horror.

41 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I don't think it's a given GOTG2 increases WW. There's a good chance it diminishes domestically, and current XRs don't favor an automatic OS boost (let alone one to cover the possible loss from domestic).

It is going to increase domestic as long as it is quality.  May is very weak next year and this will have a ton of hype built into it.  $170m opening likely.  

Tarzan's got a similar budget to all these superhero movies and it did less in total than 4/5 of them opened to...

I know it had normal legs unlike the superhero movies but that's some interesting perspective

41 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well, it'll get to 200M, but how far past 200M is the Question.. It's not touching 300M and I'm skeptical of 250M to be honest.. Flat out, this movie just looks like shit.. I drove past the Theatre around 11:30AM and there was around 20 cars in the lot.. That's never a good sign folks...

BKB parking lot report for the next DC movie: Parking lot is empty except for one car and a wino laying on the pavement.

BKB parking lot report for the next Marvel movie: There's a traffic jam because there's just not enough room to accommodate all of the patrons. The front of the theater is lined with American Flags, and the Mayor is giving a speech, alongside Vice President Biden and some foreign dignitaries. All shows are sold out for the next 3 weeks.

;)

• Like 3

Should WB make a sequel to Tarzan? It's one of the most beloved movies of the year. I know budget was too high, but since it's one of the most beloved movies of the year I guess the Blu-ray and DVD sales will be huge. They just need to make the sequel a lot cheaper.

50 minutes ago, James said:

You're just a few thousand miles away:lol: It's somewhere in the in the Carpathian Mountains. And yeah, that picture doesn't do justice to that place. It's stunning. Been hiking all day yesterday. It was tiring as hell but so awesome!   

If you see Dracula, tell him I said hello.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Or he was? Nothing wrong with be a little off sometimes.

Okay?? And? We've already been past that. Why you feel the need to point it out now, 10 pages later is beyond me. 

16 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Every studio lies about every single blockbuster budget, if there's an asterisk next to Suicide Squad then we've got about a billion asterisks to keep track of

We know from nilephan though that the budget is actually closer to 250m

Just now, Belakor said:

At least 20 minutes of done footage was cut from the movie.

A List Of Unconfirmed Deleted Scenes From SUICIDE SQUAD Has Surfaced

(SPOILERS)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/rumor-a-list-of-unconfirmed-deleted-scenes-from-suicide-squad-has-a144304

What a mess!!

FUCK YOU WB!!!!!!

Oh my god a movie had deleted scenes, wow fuck you [movie studio]

Looooooooooonger cuts

• Like 1

Just now, The Panda said:

We know from nilephan though that the budget is actually closer to 250m

Imagine if you heard what Disney spent on Force Awakens and Civil War :jeb!:

• Like 2

I just saw it, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though the movie was full of throw away characters that really served no point besides taking away from the exceptional Harley Quinn and Deadshot. I'll give it a 6.5/10.

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Oh my god a movie had deleted scenes, wow fuck you [movie studio]

Looooooooooonger cuts

This one should have been in there without question:

• Joker and Harley then get into a fight, which ends with Harley pointing a gun at Joker's head. Joker sweet-talks Harley into lowering the gun, charming her, then backhands her across the face. Afterwards he sweet-talks her again and they kiss.