CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, Chewy said:

"WB would prefer their movies were better received"

No shit

"These movies aren't going to make WB money"

lol

This thread is a clusterfuck of epic proportions and I feel like my avatar is perfect for it. 

• Like 1

I'm sure WB is sad the same way Paramount is sad about Transformers being their critically trashed cash cow. I mean, these DC movies aren't getting quite as much as Transformers money but why should they bother making better movies when they know people will eat up their shit regardless. 

Edited by moviesRus

Just now, moviesRus said:

I'm sure WB is sad the same way Paramount is sad about Transformers being their critically trashed cash cow. 

Trans5mers gonna gross less than its reported budget Domestically but still do 850 WW

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The budget's being underreported Suicide Squad cost well over a billion when you factor in all the used condoms and dead rats Leto sent to his castmates

Joker also had the gold Ak-47 from End of Watch. I saw that being sold on ebay in trade for the Chinese man-made islands in the Pacific, two genetically engineered raptors, and all 5 mint-condition Michael Jordan rookie cards. For this movie production to have obtained it, I would say at least 10 billion must have been spent.

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The Hobbit movies were all bombs

Avengers: Age of Ultron literally caused Marvel's offices to sink into the ground

I can't imagine how sad WB was with their annual 950M WW bomb.

After Ultron, Ant-Man and Civil War Marvel is finished.  

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Trans5mers gonna gross less than its reported budget Domestically but still do 850 WW

It is gonna do like 350M in China and still somehow crack the 1B WW. You know it to be true, nobody can't stop the Bay.

22 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Marvel movies....cost way more than you are suggesting here.  $100M?  Ha, come on now.  They've never made a movie with a budget even close to that number.

As far as I can tell, Marvel and DC are spending in the same range.

I was going to say it's Disney they've not been shy on the spending front

5 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

She has 32M followers on Instagram while my gawdesks Margot Robbie and Alexandra Daddario have a combined 6M followers on Instagram. I know this is off topic but can anyone tell me how that makes sense?

I can't speak to Cara specifically.  I understand her following is younger teens, and maybe they are just more social media active.  I do know that you (celebrities including politicians) can 'buy' twitter followers (accounts created for this purpose), and would expect you could do the same for instagram.  If the press reports it, someone is likely manipulating it.  This may not apply to Cara at all, but since I learned that I stopped paying much attention to numbers of followers.

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Yes, and Infinity War is also a one part movie. They just fucking changed the title like Marvel did to Avengers 3 and 4. Fucking hell. Stop making shit up. 

No. The only thing that changed is the name, the 2 avengers' infinity gauntlet movies will come out in 2018 and 2019 as was announced  or do you believe otherwise ? This is completely different than the JL situation .

12 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

I'm sure WB is sad the same way Paramount is sad about Transformers being their critically trashed cash cow. I mean, these DC movies aren't getting quite as much as Transformers money but why should they bother making better movies when they know people will eat up their shit regardless. 

Except people aren't eating this shit up and that's why you won't see a DCCU movie even coming close to the tf movies .

Edited by Thrylos 7

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

They dont put effort in to characters and storytelling and go for visuals for marketing and try to get a big opening.

The problem is audiences wont came back the second time. All Sequels decrease but instead of slight decreases it will be a lot more likely. 

Explain this 

I've never seen anyone so obsessed with Martha. :lol: 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Marvel movies....cost way more than you are suggesting here.  $100M?  Ha, come on now.  They've never made a movie with a budget even close to that number.

As far as I can tell, Marvel and DC are spending in the same range.

(that's the joke he was making)

15 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The Hobbit movies were all bombs

Avengers: Age of Ultron literally caused Marvel's offices to sink into the ground

What DCCU movie has even come close to age of ultron ? Seriously math just aren't at your side guys and after SS finishes its bo run, which will be hilarious ,things will look even worse for DCCU . 

Edited by Thrylos 7

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I've never seen anyone so obsessed with Martha. :lol: 

If we're gonna talk about something let's talk about how this dude got hired to work at a newspaper with no experience, and somehow kept his job despite completely ignoring his editor's demands and skipping out on work

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

If we're gonna talk about something let's talk about how this dude got hired to work at a newspaper with no experience, and somehow kept his job despite completely ignoring his editor's demands and skipping out on work

His Pulitzer prize winning gf bailed him out at work each time he bailed her out outside work :redcapes:ding ding ding ding ding ding...

Edited by a2knet