CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, ddddeeee said:

I'm not going to nitpick the whole movie but I'm kind of screaming at all those people staying in the building until Bruce calls Jack to tell them to leave.

Please do nitpick. And I actually laughed at that while watching the UC (the hype glasses were in full effect during my theatrical views). 

• Like 1

Just now, ddddeeee said:

I'm not going to nitpick the whole movie but I'm kind of screaming at all those people staying in the building until Bruce calls Jack to tell them to leave.

True story, back in the theaters, it seemed like a third of the people thought he was saying "Dad"

Myself included. :sadben:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

True story, back in the theaters, it seemed like a third of the people thought he was saying "Dad"

Myself included. :sadben:

Not even the hype glasses fucked me up that badly. Or maybe it is because we have subtitles lol. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not even the hype glasses fucked me up that badly. Or maybe it is because we have subtitles lol. 

I thought he said dad too. man that would have been a bold as hell movie. I mean  Tim Burton had the Joker kill Batman's parents but if it was Superman....

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I do wish we had seen Kent go to the football game, looking as depressed as ever, as he looks at the football players do football, cheerleaders cheerlead, and the crowd going wild. Could have been some kind of visual of Clark Kent having the weight of the world on his problems while these kids do something normal, having their whole future ahead of them. Wouldn't have made the movie any better but would have made it seem like Clark Kent gave a shit about his job.

It also would have been a great to introduce the guy(I can't remember his name lol) who becomes Cyborg

• Like 1

Just now, RichWS said:

Haven't seen anything since The Lobster in June. I have the opportunity to see Cafe Society and Hunt for the Wilderpeople this week.  

But...

The Summer belongs to Jason Bourne

• Like 2

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

It also would have been a great to introduce the guy(I can't remember his name lol) who becomes Cyborg

An organic way to have him be in the movie rather than stopping the whole thing to see Batman watch a video on his computer screen? get out of here.

• Like 2

Looking at the WW chart for the weekend, Ghostbusters and Trek are performing awful OS. Ghostbusters will end below 220M OS in best case scenario, and Trek might end below (and I can't even believe I am typing this) Legend of Tarzan WW gross. Trek has China to come but all other markets have not been kind to it at all. Ghostbusters has also failed to connect with audiences in most markets.

Looks like the OD frontloading isn't quite as disastrous as it seemed it would be yesterday. Assuming they aren't being generous with Sunday. Still really bad obviously. 

At any rate, SLOP is having some great WOM. Aside from the second weekend, its been holds on par or better than IO. Pretty huge lead on it now.