CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

7 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Why should he say that? He's an actor, doing bad movies to pay the bills is part of the deal.

Or he could get a profession outside of acting like Daniel Day Lewis and return to Hollywood when a role calls him

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The DCEU needs, like, infinitely better villains. Or at least villains that make sense. I still have no fucking clue what either Jesse or Cara's motivations were in either of these movies.

Jesse's motivation is that Superman needs to be stopped so he decides to manipulate Batman and Superman into fighting and for good measure creates a nearly unstoppable killing machine he can't control before the fight is over and he somehow summons some bigger villain from space and knows this and Batman believes him.

Cara's motivation is that

hundreds or thousands of years ago, she was worshiped as a God by humanity. She wakes up in a new world that has moved and forgotten her and she decides to essentially reclaim Earth while replacing humans with brainless soldiers.

What's not to get?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He probably only did this and Now You See Me 2 just for the paychecks. Although let's be honest, everyone in Now You See Me 2 looked they were only there for the paycheck except Lizzy Caplan who seemed to be genuinely enjoying herself.

Evil twin Woody Harrelson seemed to be having fun as well. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Or he could get a profession outside of acting like Daniel Day Lewis and return to Hollywood when a role calls him

Most actors still need the work. I'd say it's different for someone like Robert DeNiro who definitely didn't need to make Dirty Grandpa.

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Or maybe we just found him to be annoying, dumb, and horrible. Just because we don't like Razzie-level worthy acting doesn't mean we're dead inside.

Dead inside WB. 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The DCEU needs, like, infinitely better villains. Or at least villains that make sense. I still have no fucking clue what either Jesse or Cara's motivations were in either of these movies.

This is where my mind exploded during the UC. His motivations are better explained there. But somehow KNIGHTMARE, FLASH and STUPID CAMEOS were all more important. 

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Actually now that I think about it if the DCEU decided to silently switch Jared Leto and Jesse Eisenberg roles, I wouldn't mind. :ph34r:

I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, but Eisenberg played a pretty good Joker in BvS.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Most actors still need the work. I'd say it's different for someone like Robert DeNiro who definitely didn't need to make Dirty Grandpa.

Sometimes you decide to loosen up and the result is THE INTERN, sometimes it's DIRTY GRANDPA. It's not like it's obvious before the cameras roll. :P 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Sometimes you decide to loosen up and the result is THE INTERN, sometimes it's DIRTY GRANDPA. It's not like it's obvious before the cameras roll. :P 

It's possible Dirty Grandpa had a great script when Robert DeNiro read it and then through studio notes and re-writes it became the film that got shot.

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Well duh, you know you're getting an inoffensive role when you're handed a project from Nancy Meyers.

16 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Actually now that I think about it if the DCEU decided to silently switch Jared Leto and Jesse Eisenberg roles, I wouldn't mind. :ph34r:

If you switched Eisenberg and Leto's roles, I don't think it would make much of a difference. Both are pretty much playing the same over the top role with some differences, that I sometimes jokingly refer to Eisenberg's Luthor as Joker Luthor.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

If you switched Eisenberg and Leto's roles, I don't think it would make much of a difference. Both are pretty much playing the same over the top role with some differences, that I sometimes jokingly refer to Eisenberg's Luthor as Joker Luthor.

Joke's gonna be on you in JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 when Luthor peels off his mask to reveal it's been the Joker the whole time.

• Like 8

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Joke's gonna be on you in JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 when Luthor peels off his mask to reveal it's been the Joker the whole time.

i know you joke but I want that to happen now.

• Like 2

Damn that's a huge WW opening wknd isn't it? If WB deserve all the criticism for the film's bad reception, they sure deserve all the praise for the excellently-done marketing. They desperately need to hire a really good director. DC franchise is the biggest part of their future and you can't screw up this badly on your most important asset.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1