CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, Water Bottle said:

I wouldn't know. I don't read comics. But I don't presume that just because someone didn't like a movie, they don't get the appeal of comics. sometimes people just don't like a movie.

I shouldn't say they don't understand the appeal of comics but if you get goosebumps during "comic book comes to life" scenes then there's a good chance you have comic book geek in your blood. 

Like if you love certain scenes in ESB, you'll probably have Star Wars in your blood.

But I do agree, someone could be the biggest comic book nerd in the world and a CBM with great scenes might fail with them because they reject the movie as a whole. I'm that way with SM1 and SM2.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The afternoon shows are already looking miserable in most places while the nights are still going strong, even though they are weakening from day to day. 

:sadben:So it's probably not beating BvS or Deadpool 

Edited by Nova

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

In some of the bigger international markets that this opened in, it's playing more like a sequel with its second day drops. Im interested to see how it does in the states. Because internationally it exploded beating BvS in a lot of countries on OD but then falling harder on its second day. Whereas here it's OD was less than BvS, so I'm hoping for some Saturday numbers in the next few hours to see if the pattern continues or if it here it stabilizes.  

I'm feeling SS will have worse legs than BVS in US. I felt cheated while watching this movie, it was not what was advertised, and I'm afraid people will feel the same way. Grades all over the internet are already lower than BVS at same point. Plus, most big movies this year seem to be getting worse legs than expected. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I laughed maybe twice. The last 20 minutes with the CGI overkill and THE BEAM INTO THE SKY THAT EVERY BLOCKBUSTER USES were awful. 

While true, the original Ghostbusters used a beam into the sky so I saw it more as a nod to the original than anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

What do you love about your life, CJohn? :lol: 

Steelbooks, 2AM playground activities... I don't remember anything else :sadben:

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

:sadben:So it's probably not beating BvS or Deadpool 

The OD was so big it might still do it. And since it is Summer it still has a good chance of topping BvS's total too. Deadpool's total seems out of reach.

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Next time you think about bad mouthing Suicide Squad, think of all the hot chicks who will cosplay as Harley Quinn this year for Halloween.

what if u gay or a straight woman?

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

While true, the original Ghostbusters used a beam into the sky so I saw it more as a nod to the original than anything.

Then they should have just tried to be their own thing instead of doing that. We see the beam into the sky thing like 5/6 times per year. 

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

He loves nights, specifically 2am at night.

I also have a B+ that people will never forget like you @MrPink :sadben: 

• Like 2

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Sub-300m. Mos def.

That was in Portugal, not America :ph34r:

In America I also agree, it will end below 300M. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Sub-300m. Mos def.

Another bet? You'll have a name change until 2017 lol

• Like 2