CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Great interview with Robbie here:

She is trying to make a Harley Quinn film happen and I need that NOW. I'm sincerely way more stoked about seeing Harley and the Suicide Squad sequel than I ever felt anything about Snyder's League. That's how bad he messed up in my eyes. I want a Harley Quinn film AND a Suicide a Squad sequel way way way more than I want to see another Snyder's DCEU film ever again.

22 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Harley and Joker have gone viral on social media. Now THAT is something that can make this film have more of decent legs then we are giving it credit for. 

Possibly due to all the news today of the rumored deleted scenes which mainly revolve around them.

Edit: Yeah just checked the SuicideSquad tag and it's mainly about Letos comments and the deleted scenes.

Edited by somebody85

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Possibly due to all the news today of the rumored deleted scenes which mainly revolve around them.

Nope. Really isn't that. It's twisted and wrong, but Harley and Joker REALLY have gone viral. Search harley joker on Twitter.

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Nope. Really isn't that. It's twisted and wrong, but Harley and Joker REALLY have gone viral. Search harley joker on Twitter.

Still not seeing that tag. Not trending in NYC where I have tags set. On facebook it's about the deleted scenes.

Once you have 135 million worth of eye-balls in the OW, RT has 0 role left to play, and the role it has already played can be negated.

There is nothing more powerful than WOM and can take 1 person to push you to watch it.

Thanks to the size of the OW, any negative RT effect on SS  - which surely must have discouraged a few minds - has the potential to be fully reversed if the WOM is good.

Edited by a2knet

3 hours ago, nilephelan said:

I posted in the Magnificent 7 thread it is damn good and a big crowd pleaser.  

A bit late on this but I'm really happy to hear it's good. If the quality is there, I think it could absolutely be the biggest Western ever.

We'll have first reviews in a month, and that's probably the next RT watch I'm looking forward to.

Is it feasible to add a few scenes to a movie after it's been released and alter the theatrical version?

Was wondering if WB could add a couple of Joker-Harley scenes to the movie and market on social media.

In India, couple of times it has happened that a song (left out on the cutting floor but later got popular on TV/internet) gets added to a successful movie still in theaters and they market it to get people back and extend the run. I remember it happening before things even got digital and they probably physically sent the new print everywhere. If they pulled it off in a populous developing country 15 years back, it should be easy in USA especially today with digital prints and deh internets to alter an edit.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Still not seeing that tag. Not trending in NYC where I have tags set. On facebook it's about the deleted scenes.

https://twitter.com/search?q=harley+joker

I'm not talking about trending, albeit I do think it was trending hours ago. I'm talking it obviously struck a nerve with the GA.

EmvL0LX.png

Screen capped minutes ago and it has gone like this every single time I look to it. 

And I think everyone here gets it, man. You hate the film. You want it to fail. No judgement on that, a lot people hate it and I definitely can see why. But you don't need to attack every single thing anyone says here as a counter argument. It looks pushy. I say this because I think you're a valuable poster here and I know you can do better than this.

12 minutes ago, The47th said:

You really need to revise your definition of "going viral."

There are 5 people by minute talking extremely positively about Joker' and Harley's "love" story on Twitter right now. It was even worse earlier in the night. Trust me, I know what "going viral" is and you're taking out of context of what I'm saying. Expect this to actually have a better multiplier than BvS. It won't cross $300m I think, but it'll be close. These reactions AREN'T BvS or MoS like. It's not coming from the usual diehards. Watch.

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Edit: Yeah just checked the SuicideSquad tag and it's mainly about Letos comments and the deleted scenes.

You really need to start using "All Tweets". Refresh your Twitter and you'll get live tweets from actual people, not the top story ones.

• Like 1

Suicide Squad failed to break the superhero OW record here in tickets sold. It sold 110000 tickets on the first 4 days. Enough to top BvS (107000) but just below Deadpool (112000).

Considering it sold 40000 tickets on OD, Suicide Squad was incredibly frontloaded here.

• Like 7