CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 hour ago, Talkie said:

Dunkirk has tweenage girl demo is all sewn up. I will laugh my ass off if Nolan kills Styles off in the first combat scene. There'll be so much sobbing the cineplexes will flood. 

That would be awesome, lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

France: MAGINOT LINE!!!

Britain: LOL Hitler would never actually do that

Rofl omg don't get me started on the Maginot Line.  It makes Trump's wall idea look great in comparison.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Theres nobody bigger or better at the military than Trump.

Look, I have many friends in the military. They're fantastic, and I can assure you, the military is absolutely yuge.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

I forgot to check the parking lot but my 7:00 IMAX was fairly empty for opening night...

20160805_184655_zpsj9poomtd.jpg

The 10:00 show only had about 20 people in line.

As someone that despised BvS and disliked MOS I thought SS...

Spoiler

Was actually pretty fun.  The story was pretty blah and uneven but I really enjoyed it.  Not a classic but I not sure it deserves the 25% RT.  B- 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Look, I have many friends in the military. They're fantastic, and I can assure you, the military is absolutely yuge.

You don't have to be a total genius to figure this out even though I am a genius ok?  I'm more militaristic than anybody in this room just so you understand.  I am, I'm really good at war, I love war in a certain way, but only when we win.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

I forgot to check the parking lot but my 7:00 IMAX was fairly empty for opening night...

20160805_184655_zpsj9poomtd.jpg

The 10:00 show only had about 20 people in line.

As someone that despised BvS and disliked MOS I thought SS...

Reveal hidden contents

I wouldn't be surprised if the poor reviews are steering people in the direction of paying regular-priced tickets instead of overpaying for a potentially unsatisfying movie.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I said this before but I think Sausage Party is one of those novelty movies that will review well but will be too out there for a lot of audiences.

Agreed. I might end up seeing by myself since nobody I know really wants to see it.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the poor reviews are steering people in the direction of paying regular-priced tickets instead of overpaying for a potentially unsatisfying movie.

Maybe... I wouldn't have thought it'd effect opening night.  BvS was pretty similar.   Maybe Denver hates DC

Just now, AndyLL said:

Maybe... I wouldn't have thought it'd effect opening night.  BvS was pretty similar.   Maybe Denver hates DC

The preview #'s for IMAX were 2.4m compared to Guardians 1.9m despite significant higher previews than Guardians.

Sounds like it's just not a film people are seeing in IMAX