baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

25 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Really worked well for ID2 winning the summer & Pets beating Dory! :lol:

Really? Do j even need to explan this to you? Wow.

16 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@Nova What part of PD and SP doesn't have much interest in them don't you get ?

I understand you want SS to fall off the map but you need to understand that it's not happening as of Wendsday.

I can promise you the two studios are probably regretting not movie dates after following a 133mil opener.Everyone was expecting SS to do about 50-70mil they never knew it would do 100+.

Again where are you getting "PD AND SP doesnt have much interest in them," from? Sausage Party is up to 8% on MT. I've actually provided you with information that shows there is actually interest in the films youre claiming people have no interest in. Secondly, I hated Suicide Squad...and yet you can ask anyone on these forums, i haven't let that get in the way of where I see it ending. I have given it a 2.3-2.5 multiplier in the weekend thread. So I'm not here to see it fail. I have said even if it drops 65% this weekend, thats not bad at all considering the fact that it has had good weekday holds. You're the one who literally refuses to see the other side of it and keep yapping about how SP and PD have no interest in them when you haven't even provided any evidence for your statements. Even if folks weren't interested in those films, that doesnt mean people will flock to see a film that they had no interest to see to begin with. If Suicide Squad has good legs then its because people liked it, not because of it having no competition. The trend this summer has shown no competition doesnt equate to great legs. You attack those who are actually analyzing the box office without putting their bias into it and you refuse to let others have their opinions without chiming in about how theyre being wrong and what youre saying is right. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lol so what? He makes a big show of it with his clubs. A prediction should be close to a projection or its just total bs & shouldn't be taken seriously in the future.

Projections are based on data and extrapolates the trajectory of a movie's BO after it has opened.  

Predictions are mostly based on feelings before any data is available and before the movie is released. 

If no one is allowed to make projections after a bad prediction, then no one should post on these boards. 

• Like 3

@Nova So if SP has 8% of the same 100% that SS has 27% of how much interest do you think SS still have?

SP is only gaining percentage because it's Thursday and that's most likely for Thursday showings. There's no way either of the two have more walk up business than SS so thane predictions or projections  of all 3 falling in the 30s is nonsense.

If anything SS will be closer to the 50s of its not getting there.

P.s PD still hasn't showed up on Movietickets.com and it's Thursday before release.

The good thing about PD is its budget at least it won't be the BFG all over again.

Edited by Brainiac5

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All three of this weekend's new releases look to finish with RT scores over 80%. When was the last time that happened?

I have mp idea, but It's time to start a new category:

Instead of endlessly bashing DC movies with *100M blockbuster under 65% RT score* we should start investigating
bombing movies with 80%+ RT scores.

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I don't care where SS ends up as long as it doesn't cross 300 until after the Labor Day weekend. :ph34r: 

Really, though, before the first comic-con footage, who would've thought that SS would outgross MOS?

There clearly are some diehard SS fans so I'd say more than you'd probably think lol. Objective analysis? Maybe not so much.

9 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@Nova So if SP has 8% of the same 100% that SS has 27% of how much interest do you think SS still have?

SP is only gaining percentage because it's Thursday and that's most likely for Thursday showings. There's no way either of the two have more walk up business than SS so thane predictions or projections  of all 3 falling in the 30s is nonsense.

If anything SS will be closer to the 50s of its not getting there.

P.s PD still hasn't showed up on Movietickets.com and it's Thursday before release.

The good thing about PD is its budget at least it won't be the BFG all over again.

This just shows me that you have no understanding of how pre-sales work specifically for different genres of films. Which is why I'm not even going to continue having this conversation with you, because it's rather pointless. 

Edited by Nova

pro.BO says 38.5 for the 2nd weekend :ohmyzod:

They could be thinking,

Thursday of 8 (-17.5% from 9.7) followed by

11.50 (+43.75%) + 15.75 (+37%) + 11.25 (-28.5%) = 38.5 weekend

Just now, a2knet said:

They could be thinking,

Because they're morons. Bottom of the derby which is where they're always at. 

• Like 1

@Tele the Jet Baller, I think you're safe on that one. 

Though today came in a a couple hundred thousand than my $10m predict, I still think it can pull around $9m today and around $47.5m-$49m this weekend. Boring drop but what it needs to stay on track for $305-315m. I've broadened my range a little, but I can't see it doing more than $315m. Don't think legs will be good enough.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

They could be thinking,

Too pessimistic. They also said it definitively would not gross as much as GOTG. I think it might make it there. It would be hard, but not impossible.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Because they're morons. Bottom of the derby which is where they're always at. 

I think they have blindly given it a 71% drop by adding 2% more than BVS's 69% to account for summer weekdays, and probably gone by their same RT score.