baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

I'm surprised Sausage Party managed to get its budget to $19m, I guess animating the film entirely in Canada helped and I wouldn't be surprised if the cast took lower salaries. It'll be profitable just from the domestic since it'll do okay business OS

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised Sausage Party managed to get its budget to $19m, I guess animating the film entirely in Canada helped and I wouldn't be surprised if the cast took lower salaries. It'll be profitable just from the domestic since it'll do okay business OS

Yes, I'm sure it will be profitable with that budget.

For three days in a row, the sales ratio between SS and JB on Movietickets.com has held up very well compared to the actual gross ratio. 

Monday: SS to JB ratio on MT was 4.55. The actual 4.48

Tuesday: SS to JB was 4.9. Actual was 4.76

Wednesday: SS to JB was 4.19: Actual 4.09

I had guesstimated SS to gross 8.7 to 9.3 based on an assumed gross of 2.1 (30% drop) to 2.25 (25% drop) for Jason Bourne. 

Obviously, when there are two unknowns, the key is to guess the more predictable/less volatile one (in this case JB) to set up the projection for the more volatile one. The soft drop of JB threw my Wednesday projection off. But the SS to JB relationship on MT held.

As of now, the sales ratio is 21.2 to 6.8 = 3.12 The relationship b/w SS and JB seems to have been altered due to the entry of Sausage Party on MT. Otherwise the SS gross on Thursday would be around 7 Mil., based on a 10% drop for Bourne. That seems too low.

Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Seth Rogan stated in an interview that the budget was 30m.  That might also include the advertising though, since I saw earlier figures listed at 17-20m.