Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

Just now, CJohn said:

We still don't have any concrete number for SS and yet people are discussing it to no end lol.

Let's be honest, it doesn't matter what it does. 30M or 60M, everyone's already got their stance and won't budge

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Are we saying MOS was killed by toxic WOM? Enough so that it made more money in home-video sales that year than Iron Man 3? Enough so to open a 166m for its sequel? Every audience aggregate gave it a good score? In this era of Hollywood, unfortunately, just about every single studio is DESPERATE for such toxic WOM, and half of the Big 6 doesn't even have a shot at any movie making such bad legs in the entirety of their tentpole's runs. I guess if we exist in a vacuum that makes a lot of sense, because then the toxic WOM won't reach any ears...

Its sequel which had Batman/WW & was seen as a TA clone or being the lead into the real TA clone in JL... Look BvS was a major disappointment. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either joking or doesn't know what they are talking about.

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

MOS 2, SS 2 are guaranteed to make less OW than their predecessors & legs maybe worse based on WOM. Sure SS is a nice performer but what does it really setup? I don't see it moving the needle for WW/JL etc & a big portion of that reasoning is the bad holds since previews/OD.

Only bad hold was Sat, rest has been fairly standard

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Tele, you still agree though that in general a movie that legs it out is way more productive for growing the base and building demand for a franchise right? 

Sure, anything that expands a fanbase is good, obviously. My point was only that low multipliers don't inherently mean a movie has abysmal WOM, that's all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Agreed on Mark Wahlberg, his longevity in Hollywood is a mystery to me, not to mention he never stops, he does 2,3 movies a year.

He invented Rap Metal. That's why

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

A 50M+ 2nd weekend haul would equate to around a 60% drop, which is standard fair for a CBM. You're being pessimestic.

I've yet to see a CBM drop 60%+ on second weekend that people argued had good WOM. Even IM2 and IM3 avoided the 60% drop and I highly doubt most people will argue those had great WOM. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Reserved Seating Report (3:00 – 3:50) Audience Total

3:00 – Suicide Squad – 32

3:00 – Sausage Party – 49

3:00 – Jason Bourne – 13

3:00 – Jason Bourne – 28

3:05 – Pete’s Dragon – 40

3:10 – Star Trek – 6

3:15 – Suicide Squad – 31

3:15 – Florence Foster Jenkins – 19

3:15 – Sausage Party – 27

3:15 – Pete’s 3D – 57

3:15 – Ghostbusters – 7

3:20 – Finding Dory – 11

3:30 – Pets – 10

3:30 – Jason Bourne – 19

3:30 – Star Trek – 14

3:30 – Star Trek – 23

3:30 – Florence Foster Jenkins – 55

3:30 – Pets 3D – 5

3:30 – Suicide RPX2D – 25

3:40 – Lights Out – 4

3:45 – Suicide 3D – 10

3:45 – Suicide Squad – 24

3:45 – Suicide RPX 3D – 7

3:45 – Pete’s 3D – 38

3:45 – Sausage Party – 24

3:50 – Pets 3D – 4

3:50 – Suicide Squad – 14

AVERAGES – PURCHASES/SCREEN

Pete’s Dragon (3) – 45.00

Florence Foster Jenkins (2) – 37.00

Sausage Party (3) – 33.33

Suicide Squad (7) – 20.43

Jason Bourne (3) – 20.00

Star Trek (3) – 14.33

Finding Dory (1) – 11

Ghostbusters (1) - 7

Secret Life of Pets (3) – 6.33

Lights Out (1) - 4

TOTALS – # of showings & total reserved tickets

Pete’s Dragon (15) – 597

Suicide Squad (28) – 436

Sausage Party (16) – 360

Florence Foster Jenkins (5) – 206

Star Trek (9) – 130

Jason Bourne (6) - 96

Secret Life of Pets (6) – 91

Bad Moms (9) – 88

Nine Lives (6) – 76

Ghostbusters (2) – 26

Ice Age (4) – 21

Finding Dory (2) – 20

Nerve (2) – 17

Lights Out (3) – 9

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Agreed on Mark Wahlberg, his longevity in Hollywood is a mystery to me, not to mention he never stops, he does 2,3 movies a year.

This is the question to ask 20 years into a movie star's career. 

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

You know that excuse doesn't fly after you went to see SS right?  :rofl:

I liked AVENGERS too. :P 

If I had to break things down, I guess I don't mind "putting the team together" movies -- they're like heist movies in that regard. I find the whole cinematic universe thing kind of annoying, and I'll probably get annoyed at DC's effort whenever they finally manage to get there.

Just now, The Futurist said:

Mods are allowed to poison the well ?

Duly noted.

-_-

When the well's already full of diarrhea pouring a lil poison in makes no difference

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

MOS 2, SS 2 are guaranteed to make less OW than their predecessors & legs maybe worse based on WOM. Sure SS is a nice performer but what does it really setup? I don't see it moving the needle for WW/JL etc & a big portion of that reasoning is the bad holds since previews/OD.

You're right, the franchise continues to be hurt by the toxic word of mouth. Three times now a DCEU film came out extremely front loaded. Three times now they've made 160m+ after OW due to toxic WOM (idk how you don't burst into laughter when you consider the irony of this). Also, three times now, a DCEU film has broken an OW record. Why do records keep falling from all this attrition?