Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Are you seriously going to try to argue BvS making $160m+ after an $166m OW in which $81.5m came from the OD signals a WOM that isn't toxic? Lmao! Good stuff.

Are you going to address why records keep getting broken for people deciding not to go to a franchise with such poor WOM? Does that make any sense to you? Does it make any sense that if WOM is that overwhelmingly bad, people are stupid enough to spend 164m watching it? I guess WOM travels way to slowly. I can concede that if WOM were better, you could be looking at a possible 100 to 200m swing in overall success. I disagree that making 164m is a sign of toxic WOM.

I get the counter argument, the 3 DCEU films have made a boatload OW & that's great! But if the goal was to compete with Disney/Marvel then they are failing miserably by what is happening after OWs. They are setting up for diminishing returns in future installments when we know costs generally increase/margins do not as you go deeper in franchises. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yes, and X-Men just has meh legs in general. But the point is, every movie has their own circumstances going on and time is always changing things. 

The circumstances couldn't possibly be that those one with bad holds just aren't as well liked? I mean I love several of the X-men movies, but I'll admit that they've always had a hard time getting good WOM from the GA. Even when they're great films, they seem to just attract their own fanbase and not many else. So yeah, you could probably say DOFP just had mediocre WOM among the casual GA. Fantastic WOM form the core fans, but that's different. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Get ready Tele, you're gonna have to sit through all 13 MCU movies, AOS, and the Netflix shows (ok maybe not them)

I already made my peace with this years ago. :lol: Plus, when I sit through them again, at least I can enjoy him enjoying them.

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Get ready Tele, you're gonna have to sit through all 13 MCU movies, AOS, and the Netflix shows (ok maybe not them)

Oh man, if Tele's kid makes him sit through SHIELD :sadben:

Tele how many hours of Clark Gregg's anti-character until you curl up into a fetal position?

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Are you going to address why records keep getting broken for people deciding not to go to a franchise with such poor WOM? Does that make any sense to you? Does it make any sense that if WOM is that overwhelmingly bad, people are stupid enough to spend 164m watching it? I guess WOM travels way to slowly. I can concede that if WOM were better, you could be looking at a possible 100 to 200m swing in overall success. I disagree that making 164m is a sign of toxic WOM.

OK, there is no helping you then. Agree to disagree.

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I already made my peace with this years ago. :lol: Plus, when I sit through them again, at least I can enjoy him enjoying them.

Yeah I feel parents can enjoy anything as long as it gives their kids joy. 

wtf.gif

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Oh man, if Tele's kid makes him sit through SHIELD :sadben:

Tele how many hours of Clark Gregg's anti-character until you curl up into a fetal position?

He will see the true powers of HIVE.

• Like 1

Or by that point Zack Snyder will have taken over  Hollywood and you can realize how good you actually had it with those MCU films. ;)