Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

So, let's imagine that all the next weekends for SS will have drops of 70%.

This movie made 43 million ( yeah, I'm ignoring the 43.536 million figure ). I'm considering it made 43 million.

Drops for next weekends:

Weekend 3 ( 70% )= 13 million

Weekend 4 ( 70% )= 3.9 million

Weekend 5 ( 70% )= 1.17 million ( let's imagine 1.1 million )

Weekend 6 ( 70% ) = 300.000

Weekend 7 ( 70% ) = 90.000

I have no idea about how much money can SS make during weekdays. I'll pretend that it'll only make 15 million more for 25 weekdays. 

So, 13 + 3.9 + 1.1 + 300.000 + 90.000 + 15 million ( from weekdays ) = 33.390 million. 

So, if SS has made 223 million so far, it'll finish its domestic run with 256 million if it drops 70% every weekend and if it only makes 15 million in 24 or 25 weekdays. 

So, let's see what happens. :)

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

23 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, let's imagine that all the next weekends for SS will have drops of 70%.

This movie made 43 million ( yeah, I'm ignoring the 43.536 million figure ). I'm considering it made 43 million.

Drops for next weekends:

Weekend 3 ( 70% )= 13 million

Weekend 4 ( 70% )= 3.9 million

Weekend 5 ( 70% )= 1.17 million ( let's imagine 1.1 million )

Weekend 6 ( 70% ) = 300.000

Weekend 7 ( 70% ) = 90.000

I have no idea about how much money can SS make during weekdays. I'll pretend that it'll only make 15 million more for 25 weekdays. 

So, 13 + 3.9 + 1.1 + 300.000 + 90.000 + 15 million ( from weekdays ) = 33.390 million. 

So, if SS has made 223 million so far, it'll finish its domestic run with 256 million if it drops 70% every weekend and if it only makes 15 million in 24 or 25 weekdays. 

So, let's see what happens. :)

I can't tell if your serious or not lol

(Gotg)?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The correct one would be 60% since it goes up from 0.5 and over. 

Unless it was actually 59.45% drop, which would round to 59.5% to the tenths place, but to 59% as a whole number.

1-(72,637,142/179,139,142) = 0.59452110136

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Unless it was actually 59.45% drop, which would round to 59.5% to the tenths place, but to 59% as a whole number.

1-(72,637,142/179,139,142) = 0.59452110136

I believe he was saying 60% because it's on the plus side of 55%.

Sure it's 59% but in reality it's so close to 60% in conversation your gonna say 60%.

Bvs Had a 69% Everybody is saying  70%.

See what I did there.

1 hour ago, miketheavenger said:

Hopefully SP can mirror Bad Moms' staying power a bit. This year needs some leggy films.

Moms should do fine. So should Sausage Party as well. Bridesmaids still manage to hold well when Hangover 2 came out, and even the Bad Teacher/Horrible Bosses combo. Plus films in late August usually have really good legs(Let's Be Cops, We"re The Millers, War Room, Ninja Turtles, If I Stay, Hundred Foot Journey etc.)

43 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I can't tell if your serious or not lol

(Gotg)?

What do you think? ;)

Considering that some people are saying that SS has "toxic" word of mouth, I bet everyone should expect 70% drops for 6 consecutive weekends, so we can pretend we get surprised when it drops less. 

I mean, everything is possible, right? 

• Like 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Considering that some people are saying that SS has "toxic" word of mouth, I bet everyone should expect 70% drops for 6 consecutive weekends, so we can pretend we get surprised when it drops less. 

I'm sure dropping over 50% again next weekend will really indicate solid WOM. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

What do you think? ;)

I mean, everything is possible, right? 

A movie with 70% drops for 6 weeks is an abomination lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

A movie with 70% drops for 6 weeks is an abomination lol 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Right? That sounds like a movie that was hated by every single person who watched it. Not one person passed on good WOM. 

So how much are we expecting TWOM to make today? Will GotG start winning in head-to-head today? It's either going to be today or tomorrow. 

You know what's interesting? WB has now taken the lead from Fox in domestic market share. WB was once considered the gold-standard studio. This, year, with its top two earners being DCEU flops, if you compare year-to-year with the Golden Years of the company, it's only lagging behind 2009 (Harry Potter 6 and The Hangover), 2008 (The Dark Knight), and 2011 (Harry Potter 7b and The Hangover2). Scary part, the studio is poised at possibly overtaking a couple of those years. In the end, the failure of the DCEU ends up lifting the studio to 2nd place and toying with 2 billion Domestic, besting the long history of success. This is what happens when you put a roller-coaster guy in charge of a movie studio. Pathetic...

Another scary thought, the failed DCEU has made about 553 m DOM this year. Paramount has 11 movies tracked for a total of 544 m DOM. Sony has 17 movies tracked for 535 m DOM. Lionsgate has 16 movies tracked for 318 m DOM. I scratch my head wondering how the DCEU keeps having movies made when each movie fails to make its money back. Considering a studio seems to spend 5-30 on tv ad spending alone per each movie, makes me wonder how Paramount, Sony, and Lionsgate aren't completely bankrupt when their 10+ movies make less than the DCEU's 2! This industry is so weird...

But how bought that 67% drop, huh? 

40 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'm sure dropping over 50% again next weekend will really indicate solid WOM. 

didn't Civil War drop over 50% after it's initial 60% drop? that's what CBM's seem to be doing these days.  No more TDK's, Avengers, Spider-Man, etc. holds.

Edited by Johnny Tran

9 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

didn't Civil War drop over 50% after it's initial 60% drop? that's what CBM's seem to be doing these days.  No more TDK's, Avengers, Spider-Man, etc. holds.

Civil War dropped 55%, Batman v Superman dropped 55%, Deadpool dropped 45% and XA dropped 57%, so yea you're right. With the exception of Deadpool all other CBMs dropped over 50%. 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

All of these superhero movies are terrible. BvS was oppressively bad. Civil War was fucking boring. Didn't bother with the 23rd X-Men movie. Yeah, I'm sure Suicide Squad is great fun. These goddamn movies suck all the fun out of posting on this forum. Five minutes from now, we're guaranteed a RT debate or whatever the fuck. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

All of these superhero movies are terrible. BvS was oppressively bad. Civil War was fucking boring. Didn't bother with the 23rd X-Men movie. Yeah, I'm sure Suicide Squad is great fun. These goddamn movies suck all the fun out of posting on this forum. Five minutes from now, we're guaranteed a RT debate or whatever the fuck. 

Not from me, I've given up on much of that discussion. As much as I love comics,  I'm not as excited for the actual movies as I once was. I'm more excited for Rogue One and Skull Island then anything coming out of Marvel/DC.   And of course Fast 8. 

Edited by Johnny Tran

Just now, RichWS said:

Its not like other films are making great numbers apart from Family films to much talk about. 

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

A lot of them are doing quite a bit of the decent live action business this summer. Did you like "Deadpool," though?