WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Stage seems somewhat set for Don't Breathe to somewhat break out next weekend. 15M+ possible. 

Or maybe 1 or 2 of september's releases to massively break out. I'm still thinking Mag 7 does "only" 50/150. But Deepwater could break out to 100M, I feel like Sully just isn't gaining enough attention to make it past 80M. Even Snowden I think has 50M potential.

Also, holy crap at those Blair Witch reviews!!! I had no idea!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blair_witch

I don't think Sully hits 80M if Nile's thoughts are the consensus. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

What did he think?

Edit: oh just saw his thoughts. I'll still see it but I'm not anywhere nearly as excited as I should be given the talent involved. 

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Is that for young girl at the beginning when he disappears in the game?

The site that linked to the video said it was for Dunst's role. Probably the sister was younger than the brother in a different version. Don't know.

I was just surprised cause I didn't know she started that early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh dang he saw the movie?? Bahahaha I never caught on and thought those were just speculations based off marketing materiel.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

What did he think?

This: 

"Sully is literally exactly what we thought it sounded like.  Flight minus all the compelling stuff.  Beautifully shot and technically great, but a bore that will appeal mostly to the AARP crowd."

"They had to pretty much invent the antagonist to give it any sort of drama.  Great acting, beautifully shot, incredible use of IMAX, great score and editing but the story simply is not all that compelling for a movie."

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

The site that linked to the video said it was for Dunst's role. Probably the sister was younger than the brother in a different version. Don't know.

I was just surprised cause I didn't know she started that early.

Her first screen role was a bit part in the Rob Reiner abomination North from 1994.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Stage seems somewhat set for Don't Breathe to somewhat break out next weekend. 15M+ possible. 

Or maybe 1 or 2 of september's releases to massively break out. I'm still thinking Mag 7 does "only" 50/150. But Deepwater could break out to 100M, I feel like Sully just isn't gaining enough attention to make it past 80M. Even Snowden I think has 50M potential.

5FQTMY.gif

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

This: 

"Sully is literally exactly what we thought it sounded like.  Flight minus all the compelling stuff.  Beautifully shot and technically great, but a bore that will appeal mostly to the AARP crowd."

"They had to pretty much invent the antagonist to give it any sort of drama.  Great acting, beautifully shot, incredible use of IMAX, great score and editing but the story simply is not all that compelling for a movie."

Eh. Sounds like it's a good movie and this person is simply not interested in the story. 

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It's Adam Wingard, so not surprised at all. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robertman2 said:

The only person I remember being in Warcraft was the guy who plays Mr. Krabs

Paula Patton is in it, she's the hottie from Ghost Protocol. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This: 

I'm gonna see it mostly for the imax.

fwiw

SS 20

WD 18 (6.5 Friday)

SP 16

KUBO ? ("BH is battling KUBO for 4th place")

BH 12 (4.5 Friday)

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-suicide-squad-ben-hur-war-dogs-1201841120/

They wrongly say SS's 20 is down 59%. 20 would be down 54%. Or they are wrong about 20 and mean 18. That would make for a dismal Fri bump though.

Edited by a2knet