WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

jungle book will probably be the only blockbuster budget movie in my top 10 this year. i know there's still stuff to come, but i'm looking at the schedule and... c'mon.

You're too good for the blockbusters huh? Bet your list is gonna be all critic bait

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Critic bait is a new one, haven't heard that before. Net effect of superhero fans getting mad about RottenTomatoes I suppose

I use the term to refer to a movie with an emptiness of purpose apart from looking artistic, highbrow and serious. Oscar-bait movies are another thing entirely - they must have a gripping, mainstream and ideally also politically correct message, be cast with big-name actors and have great production values. A critic-bait movie is a movie the critic figures he's cool for liking. Sort of the hipster effect.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

BTW I've seen people fuming over obvious music cues in War Dogs et al. How about using STARMAN in a movie about a guy stuck in space? 

I don't think anything is touching Suicide Squad this year.

• Like 4